5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What spare parts and fluids do you keep in the truck at all times?

barrak

Reaction score
Not mentioned yet which I carry: ponchos, heat reflective blankets, a knee pad, an old yoga mat, and a sturdy jack stand.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been thinking about replacing the oem jack many times but I can't remember the last time I had to use a jack on the road. I know when ever that happens I am gonna be cursing at it
thinking about a bottle jack and came across this the other day
I have one of those. The only time I brought it with me is when I did a 1500 mile road trip up in Canada.

Last edited:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's basically the same one for cheaper. Same company, weight rating, lift height, and weight. The only difference is the color. I'll probably get it.
Edit: Nevermind, I only have 10 1/2" clearance to my trailer axle. I need a shorter one.

Powerbuilt 3 Ton, Bottle Jack and Jack Stands in One, 6000 Pound All-in-One Car Lift, Heavy Duty Vehicle Unijack, 640912 https://a.co/d/dLUaknx
I just clicked on your link. It looks like I bought that jack in 2017 for $40. :cool:(y)

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I carry a pair of cutting pliers to remove nails or screws from a tire,.
Tire plug kit.
Mini air compressor.
Tie down straps.
Adjustable receiver with different size balls.
A couple shop rags.
Washer fluid.
Jumper cables.
Reflective safety triangles
A lockout kit in case someone locks their keys in their vehicle
Scan tool
A pair of gloves
Cold weather blanket
Kneeling pad for when I'm plugging or changing a tire.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get the tire plug kits. We have spare tires. Just recently had to get new tires for my step sons truck a little sooner than planned. He had one that would leak and needed air added every 2-3 dsysm. Took it to tire shop to get fixed. Someone used a plug in it and the plug leaked. Tire shop refused to fix tire and wouldn't even remount it due to safety/liability reasons. Meaning a tire plug kits basically ruins your tire. I've never liked them, and would never use them on my car tires, even before this.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't get the tire plug kits. We have spare tires. Just recently had to get new tires for my step sons truck a little sooner than planned. He had one that would leak and needed air added every 2-3 dsysm. Took it to tire shop to get fixed. Someone used a plug in it and the plug leaked. Tire shop refused to fix tire and wouldn't even remount it due to safety/liability reasons. Meaning a tire plug kits basically ruins your tire. I've never liked them, and would never use them on my car tires, even before this.
For a leak from a nail, screw, etc, I’ve always found it more quick and easy to plug and inflate if possible. No need to worry about jacking and changing.

I normally just plug it, and go to a tire shop. They remove the plug, put a patch and I’m good to go. The plug never ruined a tire for me. For s slow leak like yours, no really don’t need to plug since the air lasts days. Plenty of time to get to a shop.

For a blow out I have no choice.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For a leak from a nail, screw, etc, I’ve always found it more quick and easy to plug and inflate if possible. No need to worry about jacking and changing.

I normally just plug it, and go to a tire shop. They remove the plug, put a patch and I’m good to go. The plug never ruined a tire for me. For s slow leak like yours, no really don’t need to plug since the air lasts days. Plenty of time to get to a shop.

For a blow out I have no choice.
The slow leak was caused by the plug. And the plug was the reason they would not repair the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread