5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Really Grinds My Gears

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not literally, but figuratively. This is just a thread to vent. So I’ve started contacting dealers concerning the Ceramic Gray Built to Serve Edition Rams, seeing if they are expecting them.

I’m in California, and one dealer in the San Diego area came back with saying they indeed did have one on order with an MSRP of $57K and some change. They send over the build sheet and I ask for a quote, before tax/title/license, rebates, etc. They come back with a price over $60K! WHAT!?!

I question how it can be over the MSRP, and they’re like oh yeah we add a $3K surcharge to these Built to Serve trucks. What a joke. These trucks are being built to pay homage to our veterans and active men and women of the armed forces, and this dealer is using that to turn a profit. Needless to say, I said thanks, but no thanks.

Thanks for listening to my venting.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealerships are filled with feminine hygiene product bags.
Give it some time and they will be selling them at 20% off.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not literally, but figuratively. This is just a thread to vent. So I’ve started contacting dealers concerning the Ceramic Gray Built to Serve Edition Rams, seeing if they are expecting them.

I’m in California, and one dealer in the San Diego area came back with saying they indeed did have one on order with an MSRP of $57K and some change. They send over the build sheet and I ask for a quote, before tax/title/license, rebates, etc. They come back with a price over $60K! WHAT!?!

I question how it can be over the MSRP, and they’re like oh yeah we add a $3K surcharge to these Built to Serve trucks. What a joke. These trucks are being built to pay homage to our veterans and active men and women of the armed forces, and this dealer is using that to turn a profit. Needless to say, I said thanks, but no thanks.

ITS F"N DISGRACEFUL.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a special edition vehicle. Anything else special edition is marked up as well. With these being so new, and being snatched up as soon as they get on a dealer's lot, they're going to be priced higher.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sad to say but it’s a business and as such supply and demand will win every time.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a special edition vehicle. Anything else special edition is marked up as well. With these being so new, and being snatched up as soon as they get on a dealer's lot, they're going to be priced higher.

You’re right but it’s still a bad look when they are specifically being advertised as honoring our armed forces. So if if a veteran or current military person wants one they have to pay over MSRP to get one. That’s pathetic

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. Oh I totally agree and the way to combat this is to not buy. We as the consumer have the power to just say NO, if we keep giving in the next thing you know we will all be driving the exact same vehicles sadly.

Jack

Reaction score

DO NOT BUY IT. There is no reason to buy ANY Trucks without at least 10k discount.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I like the tribute, but what does the built to serve offer over the other models in terms of options? Use that 3k to equip your own build spec.

Bcryan

Reaction score
I am not sure if you are military but they give a discount based on that alone. There are a lot of rebates, not to mention friends and family numbers out there to bring down the price pretty quick. I would try a local dealer you like and have them transfer it to them. I’m in central NY, no where near NYC to be clear, and we have a tough market to buy in. my truck stickered at 53 and change and I paid 38 and change...

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not the most shady thing I've heard a dealer doing sadly. It is ******** though.

U

User_3336

same thing happens with Ford. Dealer's mark up the RAPTORS $5,000. Take it or leave it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Agreed, specially in a military town like San Diego.
Sad, but on the other hand, if people don't buy, I guarantee they will come down.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I was interested in buying a Raptor before I decided on my Rebel. I was working with a salesman to order the exact truck I wanted. I was very clear that I was not interested in paying ANY type of dealer mark up. He sent me a quote that included a $3000 mark up which really irritated me. Long story short, I bought a RAM.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I am not sure if you are military but they give a discount based on that alone. There are a lot of rebates, not to mention friends and family numbers out there to bring down the price pretty quick. I would try a local dealer you like and have them transfer it to them. I’m in central NY, no where near NYC to be clear, and we have a tough market to buy in. my truck stickered at 53 and change and I paid 38 and change...
When did you buy and where? My brother is looking in Lanesville, by Hunter mountain. Terrible to buy now, around there and in NYC area.

Skater

Reaction score
Wait until the TRX hits the lot. The You will see huge mark ups.
I agree. When the TRX becomes available, people will likely pay sticker for many of them just to have one of the first ones on the dirt.

Bcryan

Reaction score
When did you buy and where? My brother is looking in Lanesville, by Hunter mountain. Terrible to buy now, around there and in NYC area.

Closest City everyone recognizes is Syracuse, I’m 25 min from there, the dealerships I worked with are NYE Ram Jeep Dodge in Oneida and Burdick Ram Jeep Dodge in North Syracuse . Bought mine in May.

Crew Cabs have better rebates than quad cabs due by far. My 2020 North Edition was a $30 a month different than a Express Quad cab just to give an example. I did qualify for extra rebates because of my girlfriend owning her own business and me owning a New Holland tractor.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Closest City everyone recognizes is Syracuse, I’m 25 min from there, the dealerships I worked with are NYE Ram Jeep Dodge in Oneida and Burdick Ram Jeep Dodge in North Syracuse . Bought mine in May.

Crew Cabs have better rebates than quad cabs due by far. My 2020 North Edition was a $30 a month different than a Express Quad cab just to give an example. I did qualify for extra rebates because of my girlfriend owning her own business and me owning a New Holland tractor.
Thanks.. My brother has his own business, so he may qualify. Wants a Laramie crew.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score

I'm in the Auburn/Weedsport area. I actually just leased a Built to Serve Edition from NYE in Oneida on June 17th. Sticker was about 57k and I ended up with 8k in discounts. I had been working with a friend who works at Fox in Auburn trying to find a Built to Serve and the one at NYE was the only one we could find within a few hundred miles that had a Hemi, so I was basically stuck with whatever deal they would give me. My friend tried to have them do a dealer transfer and that was a no go.

Users who are viewing this thread