5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Really Grinds My Gears

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
I like the tribute, but what does the built to serve offer over the other models in terms of options? Use that 3k to equip your own build spec.
The options that the Built to Serve Edition add cannot be had without spending much more...you get a lot for the price. Not included in the description is the premium seats as well as upgraded shocks and 1" lift... Screenshot_20200627-102255_Gallery.jpg 20200617_190501.jpg

Bcryan

Reaction score
Glad to hear you made a pretty solid deal. Nice truck! If I new they had one I might have purchased it as I was looking at them as well.

tried at Fox as well, they had a few of the North editions I was looking for. They were really slow to get back to me, and then really would not budge on the price. At least you gave a close place to get service. Weedsport is is one of my stomping grounds as I worked In Auburn for a long tome.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just wished they offered that on the other trucks, love to have a Rebel in Ceramic Grey with the Built to Serve package.

unc22x

Reaction score
I purchased a Built to Serve edition (Big Horn) in March 2020 at 28.5% off of MSRP. I am located in MN.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the Built to Serve come with a 1" lift higher than regular 1500's? How do you know? Thanks for your help.

Yes, I believe they do. Since they have all of the components of the off-road group lumped into the Built-to-Serve package, I believe the consensus is they get the increased ride height as well.

What dealer in MN did you purchase from if you don't mind me asking?

unc22x

Reaction score
Yes, I believe they do. Since they have all of the components of the off-road group lumped into the Built-to-Serve package, I believe the consensus is they get the increased ride height as well.

What dealer in MN did you purchase from if you don't mind me asking?

I purchased from the Ram dealer in Forest Lake, MN.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not literally, but figuratively. This is just a thread to vent. So I’ve started contacting dealers concerning the Ceramic Gray Built to Serve Edition Rams, seeing if they are expecting them.

I’m in California, and one dealer in the San Diego area came back with saying they indeed did have one on order with an MSRP of $57K and some change. They send over the build sheet and I ask for a quote, before tax/title/license, rebates, etc. They come back with a price over $60K! WHAT!?!

I question how it can be over the MSRP, and they’re like oh yeah we add a $3K surcharge to these Built to Serve trucks. What a joke. These trucks are being built to pay homage to our veterans and active men and women of the armed forces, and this dealer is using that to turn a profit. Needless to say, I said thanks, but no thanks.

Thanks for listening to my venting.
I think they price special editions the same as the limited models if I'm not mistaken. Just as the Rebel is the same price as the limited (before extras are added on)

STR

Reaction score
Most dealerships include ADMs for “limited production”, “special edition”, or any other catch phrase labeling, and it’s a joke! Ford loves to do this w/their GT350s (earlier) and GT500s. I’m sure you’ll see the same on the Ram TRX too. Problem is, some of the gotta-have’it-now folks pay these ridiculous upcharges. As such, dealership will continue to include them... I don’t care how rich I was, I would NEVER pay a penny over MSRP on principle alone.

Users who are viewing this thread