5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What polishing pads and products are you guys using?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I use Lake Country pads on a Girot's Garage G9 Random Orbital polisher. I really like Griot's BOSS Correcting Cream and BOSS Finishing Sealant. I use the correcting cream on a Lake Country blue pad and the finishing sealant on a black pad. If your swirls are deeper, you can use a green pad with the correcting cream for more cutting ability.
Agree. Griots makes great stuff.

RebelJC

Reaction score
That blue looks amazing. I've been doing a lot of reading lately on graphene coatings, probably too much...I'm leaning towards this Adam's stuff for my new Ram.
I'll be using it on mine soon. I also did my wife's crosstrek and it's night and day how much the color pops now.

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
I use the porter cable polisher, chemical guys hex logic pads. On hand, I have Meguiars Mirror Glaze compound, polish, and sealant. Picking up my truck tomorow and have the stuff to do Adam's Ceramic Coat. I inherited my grandfather's tools (he worked as an autobody mechanic), so I have ALOT of air polishers, old wool pads, professional compounds. Definitely too scared to use that stuff hahaha At least my stuff is somewhat idiot proof. 😁

bud007

Reaction score
KCViper did you do the PPF yourself or did you have someone do it for you ? whole vehicle or just the front ?
As for Adams products , i really like their tire cleaner / detailer (y)

KCViper

Reaction score
KCViper did you do the PPF yourself or did you have someone do it for you ? whole vehicle or just the front ?
As for Adams products , i really like their tire cleaner / detailer (y)
I had the Xpel factory store in Dallas do it....they do great work!! Did partial front (decided not to do the hood).

Gipraw

Reaction score
I use mostly Buff and Shine pads these days, but also use a few Meg’s foam pads. I run Flex buffers, and the majority of the products I use are Menzerna, or Sonax.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have applied ceramic to both of my RAM's and I used griots pads and a handful of products. I really liked the griots orange/black and microfiber cutting pads. As for compound I use griots compound and sonax perfect finish for the polish. Meguiars 105 compound is also a solid product. I also found a drill bit attachment kit with 3" pads that are really nice to use on fenders, mirrors and any other areas that wont fit a full size 5-6" pad.

1627313054947.png 1627313099880.png 1627313150800.png
1627313245523.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread