5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What option would "I'd be a fool" not to add?

Lettika

Reaction score
Get them all. YOLO but don't get the tow mirrors and loose the 360 view. My only mistake!!

alow

Reaction score
Its all individual preference. Me? I'd say Crew cab and go pano roof. I cant stop opening the sliding shade up and enjoying it rain sleet or snow. Or, you know.....sun too.

Griff

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer the Quad Cab. Might need to go ahead and do the 33 gal tank, though. Most of my driving will be highway so I think the 3.21 gears work for me. I appreciate all the feedback!

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer the Quad Cab. Might need to go ahead and do the 33 gal tank, though. Most of my driving will be highway so I think the 3.21 gears work for me. I appreciate all the feedback!

I got a Quad Cab with 3.21 and the 33 gallon tank, have been very happy with it. Plenty of power, great highway mileage, and love the range of the big tank on long road trips. Rambo Mileage 2.jpg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The information below was based on the build site where it appears the BUG is not included with the Laramie package. The BUG is included in the Laramie package with the e-brochure.

I did not add the Bed Utility Group (BUG) (sprayed in liner, bed lighting, cargo tie down and bed divider) to my Bighorn. On the build site it is listed at $845. NOW I'm adding Line X for 600+ and cargo tie down 200+. Could of had bed lighting and divider for same price or a little less depending on dealer discount.
I have used my 2001 1500 with just a heavy bed mat and has served me well. I did not see the need for Line X. The Line X is a gift. The cargo tie down I'm adding now because there are 6 hexagon holes on each side that will have rivet nuts installed in order to attach the cargo tie down. I do not want to deal with the bed liner compound in the holes later on.

I would say the BUG is priced well at $845 vs aftermarket and probably worth ordering, depending on your use and needs.
The Black Tubular Side Steps are priced at $645 on the build site and are priced at $406 on line and are called Matte Black Running Boards. They are the same from everything I can gather. Of course they would have to be installed. Not a bad savings for the Do-It-yourselfers. The running boards are currently back ordered and I believe more info will be available Dec. 24th.

So somethings are a good deal / price while others may be less expensive. There are a lot of options for running boards aftermarket.

Last edited:

cjfioren

Reaction score
33 gal tank. I have the 26 and it is the only option that I miss.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Is the 360 view only on laramie up? Does the uconnext have wifi? If so, is it only available with nav option? I thought it was available but i don't see it advertised like GM does.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like the look of the quad with 6' + bed versus Crew with 5'+ bed. But went with Crew 5'+ due to passenger comfort versus the utility of a longer bed. Couldn't do Crew and 6' due to size (garage, driveway and parking). Just wondering what influenced your decision for the quad.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Is the 360 view only on laramie up? Does the uconnext have wifi? If so, is it only available with nav option? I thought it was available but i don't see it advertised like GM does.
The uconnect 4C has wifi ability, not sure about the base model uconnect 4. They most likely don't advertise it as much as GM because they realize most people have unlimitted data and will rarely use it. But I know my truck has it and I have the uconnect 4C.

Griff

Reaction score
I like the look of the quad with 6' + bed versus Crew with 5'+ bed. But went with Crew 5'+ due to passenger comfort versus the utility of a longer bed. Couldn't do Crew and 6' due to size (garage, driveway and parking). Just wondering what influenced your decision for the quad.

I use the longer bed more often than I use the back seat. Plus I just like the look better.

Users who are viewing this thread