5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What lift is best?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will be waiting for a true 4inch lift to come out I've decided Forsure fabtech should be next month and God knows when BDS will release one. I did some flipping through custom offsets and yeah... 0 to - 12 was the sweet spot for me. And yes I will more than likely go with a 20 inch wheel when the time comes.

I think you will be happy, that’s pretty much the gold standard

RamSco

Reaction score
Ordering my new truck in 2 weeks and trying to nail down a lift and tire combo so have put on when it arrives. The dealer will be doing the work when the truck shows up.

So what's the better option of the 3?

2" mopar(new part #)

3.5 ready lift sst

Or the 3.5 RV lift?

Also am I missing any other that are under 6inches?

I'm also debating if I should order the 22inch wheels abd wrap them in 35x12.5x22 tires or just go with standard wheels and add a diffrent wheel and tire package. The truck will be a white sport and I think the factory 22s look pretty nice Imo.

Thoughts.. Comments and photos are all appreciated!! Any knowledge is good for me I'm new to the RAM scene.
If lifting is important to you.... Before you commit to 22's, make sure the lift of your choice is compatible with Ram's 22" wheel set up. The wheel bearings are larger and some kits I've seen are not compatible.

Millertime

Reaction score
If lifting is important to you.... Before you commit to 22's, make sure the lift of your choice is compatible with Ram's 22" wheel set up. The wheel bearings are larger and some kits I've seen are not compatible.
I think I have made a decision to order the truck with standard 20s...oick away at some smaller accessories and ad ons I want and when a true 4inch lift is released going with aftermarket 20s4inch lift. And tires.... I'm really not sure a 22inch wheel on a truck is something I want. Although the factory 22s do look Great in person.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
All of the factory wheels are +19 offset.
I was told by the dealer that Black package was zero but just crawled underneath to check and confirmed what they are +19.03.....a bit irked at the salesman right now as that was the seal on the deal, not needing to buy new wheels when i get my lift. I can always use spacers but they are just not as safe.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that Black package was zero but just crawled underneath to check and confirmed what they are +19.03.....a bit irked at the salesman right now as that was the seal on the deal, not needing to buy new wheels when i get my lift. I can always use spacers but they are just not as safe.
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately most salesman have been pretty lost when it comes to these trucks. When I bought mine I knew more about it than anybody else at the dealership did.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Your setup looks sharp. I have 3.21 gear ratio and was wondering how the truck performed with 35 inch tires. Thank you for your time.
Sorry for late response
As long as you inflate tires around 50 psi. You will shift close to stock and once you calibrate speedo and odometer to bigger tire size hold 8 gear just like stock no gear hunting

Wheeler

Reaction score
Sorry for late response
As long as you inflate tires around 50 psi. You will shift close to stock and once you calibrate speedo and odometer to bigger tire size hold 8 gear just like stock no gear hunting
Also forget to mention cruising above 60 mph will never go into MSD MODE. it CA be pro or con depending how you look at that it is plus for me.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I have both set ups, 22s with 35s and 22x12 with 33s check out my posts for ideas

Users who are viewing this thread