5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What lift is best?

Millertime

Reaction score
Ordering my new truck in 2 weeks and trying to nail down a lift and tire combo so have put on when it arrives. The dealer will be doing the work when the truck shows up.

So what's the better option of the 3?

2" mopar(new part #)

3.5 ready lift sst

Or the 3.5 RV lift?

Also am I missing any other that are under 6inches?

I'm also debating if I should order the 22inch wheels abd wrap them in 35x12.5x22 tires or just go with standard wheels and add a diffrent wheel and tire package. The truck will be a white sport and I think the factory 22s look pretty nice Imo.

Thoughts.. Comments and photos are all appreciated!! Any knowledge is good for me I'm new to the RAM scene.

Boomer

Reaction score
I have the 2019 ram 1500 Laramie sport. I had a 4inch suspension lift on my 2014 ram and loved it. Rough country told me they are putting out a 4 inch suspension lift in two weeks. I’m not sure about the 3.5. It’s just a big level kit. Truck will be standing on its tippy toes. The 22 sport rims look awesome but you’ll have to go a little thin on the tire with that offset. Good luck. Keep us posted. With pics!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The factory wheels are expensive and like mentioned, the offset really isn’t great. I’d vote for buying a set of aftermarket wheels with like a 0/+1 offset so it doesn’t look dumb. But that’s just my opinion.

Millertime

Reaction score
The factory wheels are expensive and like mentioned, the offset really isn’t great. I’d vote for buying a set of aftermarket wheels with like a 0/+1 offset so it doesn’t look dumb. But that’s just my opinion.
There is a gentleman on here with a 3.5sst I bekiev running 35x12.5x22 on the factory 22s.... It looks pretty good Imo what do you mean look dumb? Offsets is one thing I haven't been able to wrap my head around yet. I can't remember his handle. But it's a black truck looks real nice. I'm not sure what the offset does to change the apearence.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Determines how far the wheels stick out, the lower the number the more they stick out. The higher, the further in the wheel well they sit.

It’s just my opinion, but to me it looks stupid to put an aggressive tire on a lifted truck using a wheel that sits so far inside the fender.

The taller the truck, the worse it is. Again, my opinion.

18x9 -12 offset. It is a rebel, so the flares are different which could impact how far the tire actually sits out. But just one example off the top of my head.

But my other point was price. For the price of the oem wheels you can basically get yourself a set of SOTA wheels.

Edit: I thought they were more than 1200, so half a set of sota

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not the worlds greatest video and it’s stock.

But 35s on the 22s. You can somewhat see how they sit inward. But be cranked the front wheel which skews the whole image.

Millertime

Reaction score
Determines how far the wheels stick out, the lower the number the more they stick out. The higher, the further in the wheel well they sit.

It’s just my opinion, but to me it looks stupid to put an aggressive tire on a lifted truck using a wheel that sits so far inside the fender.

The taller the truck, the worse it is. Again, my opinion.

18x9 -12 offset. It is a rebel, so the flares are different which could impact how far the tire actually sits out. But just one example off the top of my head.

But my other point was price. For the price of the oem wheels you can basically get yourself a set of SOTA wheels.
Okay that makes more sense to me and I was leaning toward going that route. But price wise on a new build it's only a $1200 option. Looking up some sota wheels just briefly and they are anywhere from 500 to 1200 a peice CAD not sure which road to take haha I'm also throwing the idea of ordering the truck with standard 20s and doing the build myself shortly down the road at a local 4x4 shop.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought they were more than that, like 2k. Either way, I’d still vote aftermarket wheels.

Boomer

Reaction score
Fuel makes a ton of beautiful wheels for a great price. The 35 ridge grapplers are expensive

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a good angle to show what I meant.

Attachments

• B1110A9C-6535-4B33-B49A-3C1EE1118241.png
    B1110A9C-6535-4B33-B49A-3C1EE1118241.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 101

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that all depends on what you want. Not a 12 for sure. It’s going to stick out really far and I don’t think that’s what you want.

If you go custom offsets website, you can filter their gallery based on all kinds of things. So you can scroll through all the 19 rams and look at their setups to get a feel for what you like.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Luckily my Factory wheels are 20x9 zero offset so eventually when I get my lift done, new wheels won't be necessary

Millertime

Reaction score
Luckily my Factory wheels are 20x9 zero offset so eventually when I get my lift done, new wheels won't be necessary
Im having a hard time wrapping my head around offsets... What is the offset on factory 22s for a 2019 sport?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This may help.

Basically though a stock wheel will set roughly 1” inward on any truck. Which is 25mm. So if these are +19mm, then it’s like 3/4” inward. If you went +1mm, it would be basically flush with the mourning surface. Not fender. So that’s important there. If you went -19mm, it would stick out 3/4”.

But it’s important to note it’s the mounting surface, not the fender.

Again, customoffsets gallery is the easiest way to see the offsets installed. Flip through them, see what looks right.

The further they stick out (Low offset like -24 or lower) the more debris sprayed on the truck.

Most vehicles sit the edge of the tire relatively flush with the fender with a 0/+1mm offset wheel.

Also the further wheel sticks out, the more it rubs the bumper and fender. A 12” wheel for example will not fit with a 3” lift. Even a 33 will rub significantly.

You will want to stick to a 9-10” wheel.

If I were you, I would look at 20x9 +1mm wheels and a 295/60 or 295/65 tire. Cheaper and way more options than 22s for this scenario. If you really want 22s, you can probably find a 22x9 or 22x9.5 and something like a 285/55.

Last edited:

Millertime

Reaction score

This may help.

Basically though a stock wheel will set roughly 1” inward on any truck. Which is 25mm. So if these are +19mm, then it’s like 3/4” inward. If you went +1mm, it would be basically flush with the mourning surface. Not fender. So that’s important there. If you went -19mm, it would stick out 3/4”.

But it’s important to note it’s the mounting surface, not the fender.

Again, customoffsets gallery is the easiest way to see the offsets installed. Flip through them, see what looks right.

The further they stick out (Low offset like -24 or lower) the more debris sprayed on the truck.

Most vehicles sit the edge of the tire relatively flush with the fender with a 0/+1mm offset wheel.

Also the further wheel sticks out, the more it rubs the bumper and fender. A 12” wheel for example will not fit with a 3” lift. Even a 33 will rub significantly.

You will want to stick to a 9-10” wheel.

If I were you, I would look at 20x9 +1mm wheels and a 295/60 or 295/65 tire. Cheaper and way more options than 22s for this scenario. If you really want 22s, you can probably find a 22x9 or 22x9.5 and something like a 285/55.
I will be waiting for a true 4inch lift to come out I've decided Forsure fabtech should be next month and God knows when BDS will release one. I did some flipping through custom offsets and yeah... 0 to - 12 was the sweet spot for me. And yes I will more than likely go with a 20 inch wheel when the time comes.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Details in signature. You will get an idea IMG_20190210_131934.jpg IMG_20190201_111632.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread