5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What items should come with a brand new RAM 1500?

lakeshow21

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just purchased a new RAM Rebel 1500 Crewcab. What items are you supposed to receive with it?

1. they need to mail me the second key
2. I did not receive the owner's manual (they said they would mail it with the key).
3. I don't have the 7 pin harness. I imagine I should get 1 considering the sticker shows that I have a class IV tow hitch and 7 pin wire harness.

I'm worried that they forgot to give me some others items. For instance, the little door that hides some wires by the driver's left knee is missing. I can see a wire dangling. I saw a small package that looks like a cover trim piece but not sure since I don't have the manual. Any clue here?

Also, any cover that goes with the tow hitch? My jeep came with 1.

Am I missing anything else?? Thanks!!

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Check the floor bins for the tailgate wire caps.
I have the 7-pin connector & 4-pin in the bumper, but I did not receive anything else.

They should have had both keys and the manual, as well as the cover that is missing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pressgrove

Reaction score
1. they need to mail me the second key
The vehicle shipped with two. They must have lost one.

2. I did not receive the owner's manual (they said they would mail it with the key).
The trucks ship with an"abridged" version of the manual that hits the high points. The entire manual is available several places for download (including mopar.com). I tried to upload to this post but the file is too large.
3. I don't have the 7 pin harness. I imagine I should get 1 considering the sticker shows that I have a class IV tow hitch and 7 pin wire harness.
If the window sticker has it, it should definitely be there. Either it was missed from the factory, or the dealer used it to close a deal on another truck that didn't come with one.

I'm worried that they forgot to give me some others items. For instance, the little door that hides some wires by the driver's left knee is missing. I can see a wire dangling. I saw a small package that looks like a cover trim piece but not sure since I don't have the manual. Any clue here?
Not sure about the missing panel. Can you post a picture? The package is most likely the dummy plug for the tailgate. If you remove your tailgate, it leaves the sensor open so the truck thinks the tailgate is open (and reminds you incessantly). This jumps out the signal so your truck thinks the tailgate is closed.

Also, any cover that goes with the tow hitch? My jeep came with 1.
I don't think these are included at any trim level, but you might be able to guilt your dealer out of one for your trouble (if it matters that much to you). Otherwise, get one that suits you.... Amazon has dozens of option.

timtlu

Reaction score
My 7 pin harness was in glove compartment, for what its worth.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Wow they did you good without giving you the 2nd key. The manual I won’t care about but still suppose to get it. Hopefully you ll get it.

All I got was the extra key, manual, and the tailgate harness. When going through my truck I found 3 bolts laying around under the rear seats. I looked everywhere to see where they go but no luck. I don’t hear anything rattling or slapping around so maybe it was just a something from the factory and the dealer removes upon arrival.

lakeshow21

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies all! This is my first truck so I'm starting to feel a bit stupid. Both my Jeep and Audi came with wires that attach to the 4 pin/7 pin harness. I assumed the wires were the harness. Now, I'm thinking my terminology is mixed up.

Are you saying you do not have the circled part?
View attachment 28904
Yes! I do have the circled part. Is there supposed to be a wire kit that goes with it? I have only towed a carrier device before, never a real trailer...That will soon change now!

Not sure about the missing panel. Can you post a picture? The package is most likely the dummy plug for the tailgate. If you remove your tailgate, it leaves the sensor open so the truck thinks the tailgate is open (and reminds you incessantly). This jumps out the signal so your truck thinks the tailgate is closed.

Again, first truck. I connected the blue to blue and plug to plug because they fit. Connection points are circled in red. Where does this go?

This doesn't look right. I demanded the dealer take off the GPS hard add on. From my understanding they did not remove the hardware, but did not activate the software and I did not pay for it. 1561529273205.png

RamSportDT

Reaction score
You should have got the wheel lug nut lock too, I already had to use mine once for a flat tire.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Immediate satisfaction. If you can't find it, drive through a GM dealership and the salesmen there will provide you with it as they all eye-duck your truck.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies all! This is my first truck so I'm starting to feel a bit stupid. Both my Jeep and Audi came with wires that attach to the 4 pin/7 pin harness. I assumed the wires were the harness. Now, I'm thinking my terminology is mixed up.

Yes! I do have the circled part. Is there supposed to be a wire kit that goes with it? I have only towed a carrier device before, never a real trailer...That will soon change now!

Again, first truck. I connected the blue to blue and plug to plug because they fit. Connection points are circled in red. Where does this go?
View attachment 28943

This doesn't look right. I demanded the dealer take off the GPS hard add on. From my understanding they did not remove the hardware, but did not activate the software and I did not pay for it. View attachment 28944
That piece is your coverplate for the connections when you remove your tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread