5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is Underneath The 2025 Ram 1500 REV Electric Pickup?

RVTRKN

Reaction score

What Is Underneath The 2025 Ram 1500 REV Electric Pickup?​

A Carbeque :D

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I don't care what they say about range. Real world numbers won't be what they are advertising. Just like the MPG ratings on the window sticker of every new vehicle, those are under the most controlled and perfect conditions that nobody will ever encounter in the real world. I definitely like the styling of it but will hold off buying any electric vehicle until the very last possible second. This push for all electric vehicles is just plain bull$h!t.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Per a quick google, LiON batteries are somewhere in the vicinity of $100/kwh, which would put the large battery pack at around $23k just for the battery pack.

Given the inflation we've seen in Ram's pricing over the past few years, I'd expect to see at least a ~$20k upcharge over the equivalent ICE model for the standard battery pack and at least a ~$25-30k upcharge for the large battery pack, which easily gets you into the six figure club.

ETA: Throw in the EV motors, onboard charger, assorted electronics, and I'd hazard a guess that the EV powertrain, not counting the battery pack, doesn't cost all that much different than the ICE powertrain.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Per a quick google, LiON batteries are somewhere in the vicinity of $100/kwh, which would put the large battery pack at around $23k just for the battery pack.

Given the inflation we've seen in Ram's pricing over the past few years, I'd expect to see at least a ~$20k upcharge over the equivalent ICE model for the standard battery pack and at least a ~$25-30k upcharge for the large battery pack, which easily gets you into the six figure club.
Yup. But at least the planet is saved.

KonaKruiser

Reaction score
Big battery....that's a whole lot of third world exploited child labor. Not to mention the waste disposal problem, strain on the energy grid and additional fossil fuel required to keep the juice flowing.

No thanks.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope they're willing to finance these things at 0%. Let's be real. Not many people can afford the crap they're slinging on top of inflation. Then you have to equip your home to accommodate the vehicle.

Plus they don't sell beer at charging stations. It's just not gonna work people.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big battery....that's a whole lot of third world exploited child labor. Not to mention the waste disposal problem, strain on the energy grid and additional fossil fuel required to keep the juice flowing.

I've been told they are going to recycle the batteries, though I'm not quite clear on how that gets done safely. I mean lead-acid batteries are one level of hazardous, basically toxic and not much tendency to burn. Lithium is a bit different. There's already been some serious recycling center fires thought to be caused by cellphone size stuff. How long before someone sparks up a big pile of car size scrap? That'll leave a mark, I bet. Hope I'm upwind.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

No thanks.
This and it also takes alot more carbon emissions to create and EV than it does an ICE vehicle because so many more materials have to be mined, and shipped. Due to this carbon penalty, the EV wont be more carbon friendly until you’ve put at least 300k miles on it.

People think just because there’s no tail pipe emissions that it’s better for the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread