5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is Underneath The 2025 Ram 1500 REV Electric Pickup?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

What Is Underneath The 2025 Ram 1500 REV Electric Pickup?​

Here Is A Look Of What The Ram 1500 REV Chassis Looks Like...​

tempImage06dpjI.png

In April, Ram made waves by unveiling the groundbreaking 2025 Ram 1500 REV, an all-electric pickup, at the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). With its remarkable range and performance capabilities, this electrified Ram model aims to shatter any doubts about electric vehicles (EVs).

n8zcc

Reaction score
I wonder how much this beast is going to cost when it becomes available (I have a feeling it will be outside my financial reach). And second, where can I find 800-volt DC fast charging stations?

The 500-mile range, if that is really an obtainable number in the wild, gives me the range I need but the lack of fast chargers or chargers of any capability are just not here. I doubt that will change much in the next couple of years. Chargers are needed everywhere, not just along freeways and interstates.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
654 horsepower and 620 torque, 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. I'd imagine more range than 500 miles if the numbers were less ludicrous. Tires won't last long that's for sure. Curb weight mentioned anywhere?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder how much this beast is going to cost when it becomes available (I have a feeling it will be outside my financial reach). And second, where can I find 800-volt DC fast charging stations?

I think Tesla has a map of superchargers available from their website, don't know about other brands. I imagine the dealers that sell them will have to have chargers available for their customers.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm seeing 8-bolt hubs on the photo. Did it have so much torque that it needed an upgrade? I'm okay with that if it's the standard 3/4 ton pattern that you can get wheels for anywhere, just wondering.

vincentw56

Reaction score

The 500-mile range, if that is really an obtainable number in the wild, gives me the range I need but the lack of fast chargers or chargers of any capability are just not here. I doubt that will change much in the next couple of years. Chargers are needed everywhere, not just along freeways and interstates.
There are a lot of apps out there that will tell you where chargers are all over the world. They can even help you plan a road trip so that you maximize range and charging. That being said, it's still not as easy as finding a gas station. Or as quick to fill up a tank of gas versus charging the batteries.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty neat rig. Prob gonna be $100k+ truck. It can tow 14k lbs, but how far? We’ve seen that towing this much with an EV isn’t really feasible unless it’s for a few miles down the road. I’m sure it’ll take a couple days to charge it to full if you’re charging at home. Have fun paying for those batteries to be changed in 6 to 10 years too.

I know Stellantis has to do something to appease the green climate gods since they were paying so much in carbon penalties and using the good ol American muscle that everyone likes.

It’s cool and all, but I’m still not sold.

Dewey

Reaction score
My question is how much work is it to replace those batteries? Does the entire body need to be lifted from the frame?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My question is how much work is it to replace those batteries? Does the entire body need to be lifted from the frame?
No one know ls yet. So far I think they just trade the vehicles in when it’s time to change the batteries.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good question, looks like it so.

I know a lot of other Hybrids you can replace yourself going through the rear, but these are on the bottom of the frame, hell they might be PART of the frame is Ram wants to milk the most money out of people.
Non-replaceable batteries.

Good luck if a few cells go back and you just want to replace a few to keep going.

Could be something like this, Tesla Model Y Structural Battery Pack Is Removable Via 143 Steps

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Well if the base Silverado WT 2LT cost $70k, I am going to say, slightly cheaper as the Ram 1500 REV's body is mostly already in production.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Well if the base Silverado WT 2LT cost $70k, I am going to say, slightly cheaper as the Ram 1500 REV's body is mostly already in production.
Wow, 70Gs for an electric work truck. That is too rich for me, I hope they have an audience willing to spend that amount in quantities that justify its existence.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Take all the claims of range with a grain of salt. We have seen this play out before. See f150 lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread