5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this used for?

firemanjay

Reaction score
Other than the obvious answers like a rear ejection initiator handle, I have looked through the Owners Manual and cant seem to find any info, i have pulled on it a few times but can't figure out what it does or is for. It is located under rear seats

Attachments

• 20211102_094536.jpg
    20211102_094536.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 127

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Other than the obvious answers like a rear ejection initiator handle, I have looked through the Owners Manual and cant seem to find any info, i have pulled on it a few times but can't figure out what it does or is for. It is located under rear seats
tie down?

a wider picture might help.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It looks like a cargo tie down

Cajun_

Reaction score
See the hole in your cargo storage thing. Fold it up and that will fit into that hole. Pull it a bit then turn it 90 degrees and it will hold it up.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From the Owner's Manual for "Below Rear Seat Storage - If Equipped":

Rear Seat Storage 1.jpg

Rear Seat Storage 2.jpg

Rear Seat Storage 3.jpg

This is from the Owner's Manual (did not come with your truck) which is not to be confused with the Quick Reference Guide or User Guide that came with your truck.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pulled it and my wife went flying out the door.....an option worth every penny!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky because I knew right away that it was the lock mechanism for the under seat storage.

@mikeru82 ...much better avatar! :LOL:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
From the Owner's Manual for "Below Rear Seat Storage - If Equipped":

View attachment 109789

View attachment 109790

View attachment 109791

This is from the Owner's Manual (did not come with your truck) which is not to be confused with the Quick Reference Guide or User Guide that came with your truck.
what year is that manual?

FYI the page is different for 2022

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what year is that manual?

FYI the page is different for 2022

2019 Owner's Manual.

I'm not sure what the trucks come with now but mine only came with the Quick Reference Guide. There's also an Owner's Manual, Radio Guide, and User Guide that you can download for free from here (in PDF format): https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/vehicle-information.html?redirect=om

You can call corporate customer service (1-866-726-4636) and request a hard copy of the Owner's Manual. I'm not sure how much it costs but if you are the original purchaser of the truck they'll send it to you for free (at least it was free a couple of years ago when I called).

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Owner's Manual.

I'm not sure what the trucks come with now but mine only came with the Quick Reference Guide. There's also an Owner's Manual, Radio Guide, and User Guide that you can download for free from here (in PDF format): https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/vehicle-information.html?redirect=om

You can call corporate customer service (1-866-726-4636) and request a hard copy of the Owner's Manual. I'm not sure how much it costs but if you are the original purchaser of the truck they'll send it to you for free (at least it was free a couple of years ago when I called).
I got mine for free (hard copy) by doing just that.

Users who are viewing this thread