5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this hole in the bumper?

Duane67

Reaction score
Wife put a large dent in my 2019 RAM 3500 Laramie Megacab year or so ago. Ugh. Finally ordered a replacement OEM bumper from eBay, which was slightly different on the backside and had the hole shown by the arrow in the pic. There's a small pig tail behind it, but I can't seem to find what it's for. My old bumper was solid. The "cap" shown in the bottom pic did not come with it. Appreciate any insight. I'm thinking another LED light of some sort is in order. :)

Attachments

• rambumper.png
    rambumper.png
    771.8 KB · Views: 123

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wife put a large dent in my 2019 RAM 3500 Laramie Megacab year or so ago. Ugh. Finally ordered a replacement OEM bumper from eBay, which was slightly different on the backside and had the hole shown by the arrow in the pic. There's a small pig tail behind it, but I can't seem to find what it's for. My old bumper was solid. The "cap" shown in the bottom pic did not come with it. Appreciate any insight. I'm thinking another LED light of some sort is in order. :)
That is the port for the digital tow mode camera that displays in the digital rear view mirror on the 2022’s. This is the dummy cover part number- 68526870AA

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My old bumper was solid. The "cap" shown in the bottom pic did not come with it.
Is the lower bumper your original? Where is the "large dent"?

That's what I was thinking
Since he has a 2019, and said his old bumper was solid, and the tow mode camera port wasn’t an option until 2022, I’m guessing the bottom pic is an example photo of what would cover the hole in the bumper he picked up.

Duane67

Reaction score
That is the port for the digital tow mode camera that displays in the digital rear view mirror on the 2022’s. This is the dummy cover part number- 68526870AA
Thank you! Ill look that part up. Odd there's a pigtail on my 2019 right there.

Users who are viewing this thread