5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best lift kit ( less than 6") available right now?

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
I can't decide what I want to put on my Laramie. My custom shop says the Rough Country 3.5 is good and they have fixed some quality issues. He also says the ready lift 3.5 is good but does not come with shocks. I thought about the Mopar 2" lift but I kind of want a little higher lift but that kit does come with fox shocks which is a big plus. Superlift has a 4" available now but it is very pricey. Maybe I should wait a bit? I know Fabtech will be coming out with a 4". Just not sure. Any thoughts?

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
where did you see the superlift 4 inch ? only saw the 2019 classic.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
So the custom shop I used called Superlift and the technician explained on the phone that they have kits for both classic and new style.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't decide what I want to put on my Laramie. My custom shop says the Rough Country 3.5 is good and they have fixed some quality issues. He also says the ready lift 3.5 is good but does not come with shocks. I thought about the Mopar 2" lift but I kind of want a little higher lift but that kit does come with fox shocks which is a big plus. Superlift has a 4" available now but it is very pricey. Maybe I should wait a bit? I know Fabtech will be coming out with a 4". Just not sure. Any thoughts?
Avoid the RC, the superlift shown on the website is going to require cutting so if you don't want to cut into the frame avoid any "bracket lift" you could go with the 2" mopar and add a 1.5" strut extension and it would be equivalent to the 3.5 from RC or readylift. Fabtech in the past has offered 2 forms of 4 inch, a 4" bracket lift and a strut spacer or full coil replacement and upper control arm style 4" which is really only 3.5" but they round up. Fabtech is well built but over priced imho. If you're willing to cut the frame and want the best I'd wait for a 4 inch BDS with fox shocks to hit the market

Icecold77

Reaction score
Rough County is possibly the worst company out there short of unbranded crap on Ebay. Many have sd it, I'll say it again. You invested at least 40k in your truck- a lift kit is critical to the daily and long term life of your Ram. Do your homework.. I wont tell you what to buy as opinions vary dramatically. Call any 4x4 shop worth its salt and see what they say about RC....Spend some $$ and do it right..

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet he's only running the 1/2" spacer from that leveling kit and not the 2" pre load spacer
IDK...I have the Mopar lift and his front is quite a bit higher than mine. Definitely more than a 1/2".

Lawfin

Reaction score
This is mopar 2” with an extra spacer in the front I got 34’s on it but it could easily do 35 and it rides like factory View attachment 5490
BossHawg - You state that your truck has the Mopar 2" lift with the additional spacer. Just out of curiosity, it looks like you have the Off Road Package? Did you remove the Off Road 1" lift and replace it with the Mopar 2" lift? Also, are you still running the upper control arms that come with the Mopar 2" lift, and if so, are they at an acceptable angle? Thanks in advance. I have the Mopar 2" lift on a Big Horn and am contemplating my approach to another 1"-1.5" of lift in the front.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I talked to Mopar Performance, 888-528-4364, last week and there is a new revision of the Mopar 2" lift coming in Mid May. The P/N, will be 77072424AB and the difference will be the the seat for the front spring will be 1" higher on the spring to help level the truck without the need of that added spacer. They did tell me that the kit was originally engineered for the 91 Body Style, Crew Cab, and was not designed for my body style, 41, Quad Cab, but I see there are a couple of people on this forum who have it in a Quad Cab. I will be holding out for the new P/N to put in my new 2019 Quad Cab.

skol

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I talked to Mopar Performance, 888-528-4364, last week and there is a new revision of the Mopar 2" lift coming in Mid May. The P/N, will be 77072424AB and the difference will be the the seat for the front spring will be 1" higher on the spring to help level the truck without the need of that added spacer. They did tell me that the kit was originally engineered for the 91 Body Style, Crew Cab, and was not designed for my body style, 41, Quad Cab, but I see there are a couple of people on this forum who have it in a Quad Cab. I will be holding out for the new P/N to put in my new 2019 Quad Cab.

For those of us with the 2” Mopar Lift, will we have the option to add that specific piece or do we have to get the whole kit?

Ram Laramie 5.7 4x4 Non-ORP 3.21
2” Mopar Lift / Falken Wildfeak AT3 305/55/20 / American Outlaw 20x10 -19 / BakFlip Mx4 Tonneau Cover / Cermamic Tint

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
For those of us with the 2” Mopar Lift, will we have the option to add that specific piece or do we have to get the whole kit?

2” Mopar Lift / Falken Wildfeak AT3 305/55/20 / American Outlaw 20x10 -19 / BakFlip Mx4 Tonneau Cover / Cermamic Tint
I read somewhere in a post that there is a TSB to fix the issue on the older lifts

2Fast-4U

Reaction score

That is a great question, but I do not know that. I would think that there may be something. Maybe a new cup seat or at worst Mopar can do something to get you the new shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/