5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what happens when two key fobs are in the truck at the same time

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I looked around and did not find any talk about this
as the title states.
say I have a fob set for me and wife has one for her and we are both in truck
should one be in something that block the wireless?
or is it nothing?

squid013

Reaction score
It works as advertised

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my 2015 Grand Cherokee, if both keys were in the Jeep together and I got out, the dogs could lock me out, requiring AAA to come.

Don't ask me how I know...

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know about the Ram, haven't tried it yet. On my Camaro, when I used the second Fob, the display will show "You're driver 2" and adjusts all the memory functions like seats, radio favorites, mirrors and so on.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Works fine with both fobs present. In fact, if one person jumps out with the vehicle running and a fob in their pocket it actually works out better since the person who remains in the vehicle with fob #2 won't have to listen to the incessant 'fob has left the vehicle' warnings.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing the OP is asking about what happens when two fobs that are “linked to memory” are in the truck at the same time, and both fobs have different seat, radio settings, etc. In this case, the RF Hub will default to fob memory 1, even when fob 1 leaves the vehicle with fob 2 still in it, until the vehicle is shut off.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
found these key fob skins
on amazon..im
always dropping my keys and rough with them, one is cracked so this buttons them up good

Attachments

• 33C9DF3F-82CB-4445-8064-9511CF101815.jpeg
    33C9DF3F-82CB-4445-8064-9511CF101815.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 44

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
found these key fob skins
on amazon..im
always dropping my keys and rough with them, one is cracked so this buttons them up good
I can’t even see what you’re trying to show…my eyes are glued to that abomination of a drink on your counter…

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I’m guessing the OP is asking about what happens when two fobs that are “linked to memory” are in the truck at the same time, and both fobs have different seat, radio settings, etc. In this case, the RF Hub will default to fob memory 1, even when fob 1 leaves the vehicle with fob 2 still in it, until the vehicle is shut off.
thanks

esta1701

Reaction score
It has been my experience that whichever key fob is on the person who is opening the driver's door takes over as primary. I have tested this in my wife's 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When the settings are set to me, if she opens the passenger door with her fob in her purse and I open the driver's door with my fob in my pocket, the memory seats and everything remain set for me. If we switch sides then it changes the seats and everything to hers. Otherwise, it makes no difference if both keys are in the vehicle at the same time. Do it everyday when we carpool to work.

Users who are viewing this thread