5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What exactly is the bed utiltiy group

Dominacb

Reaction score

J-Rad

Reaction score
Factory spray in bedliner, LED bed lighting, and the rail system.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This one is missing the bed extender hooks near the tailgate.. I just started a thread about it this morning

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I was looking at this truck....

https://www.fullertoncjdr.com/new-Somerville-2019-RAM-All+New+Ram+1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT5KN600011

Its identical to mine but it doesnt have the bed utiltiy group on the window sticker.... it looks like it has the 4 adjustable tie downs which is what they say the bed utiltiy group is.

If true, I'm spending an extra $550 for something every other limited rambox truck is getting. Am I missing something?
@Dominacb you don't have your signature filled out so I got to ask the question.

Do you have RamBox? Edit: I reread your post. What does your window sticker say?

I would venture to guess it is included in the RamBox cargo management system...but there is a large discrepancy here.

I know the RamBox and BUG were sold seperately to lower the cost of the RamBox...but maybe when you purchase both, it is listed as this?

Just thinking outloud.

And I hate to think this out loud, but unless it is a supplier issue again...I am thinking the extender got axed because someone overloaded it and spilled their contents onto a following car, and then sued Ram.

This has happened before, and wouldn't surprise me, but suppliers are having a hard time too...so could be either.

Dominacb

Reaction score
@Dominacb you don't have your signature filled out so I got to ask the question.

Do you have RamBox? Edit: I reread your post. What does your window sticker say?

I would venture to guess it is included in the RamBox cargo management system...but there is a large discrepancy here.

I know the RamBox and BUG were sold seperately to lower the cost of the RamBox...but maybe when you purchase both, it is listed as this?

Just thinking outloud.

And I hate to think this out loud, but unless it is a supplier issue again...I am thinking the extender got axed because someone overloaded it and spilled their contents onto a following car, and then sued Ram.

This has happened before, and wouldn't surprise me, but suppliers are having a hard time too...so could be either.
Here is my window sticker attached. I dont know if this helps. But im thinking there is a miscommunication between the factory, and the ordering department cause the link I posted doesnt have the BUG, mine does, and mine is an extra 550 over this one for the same equipment.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF (6).pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 69

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my window sticker attached. I dont know if this helps. But im thinking there is a miscommunication between the factory, and the ordering department cause the link I posted doesnt have the BUG, mine does, and mine is an extra 550 over this one for the same equipment.
I see what you mean, and I can understand the frustration.

Interesting.

cjgerson

Reaction score
So my guess is you are not supposed to receive the bed divider/extender unless you order the BUG, but looks to me like are incorrectly adding the extender/divider to all Rambox orders and forgetting to put on the Pin and Handle on the BUG orders. My dealer has found what is needed for the pin and handle and have the parts on order. I have just sent them a request for what the parts numbers are and will share.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
Originally the Bed Utility Group was suppose to have the rear bumper step, the bed divider and the tie down rails. In late April or early May the rear step bumper had couldn't be installed because a design issue with it an at the muffler tail pipe location. The LED bed lighting and spray in bed liner are part of the standard equipment and have never been listed as part of the Bed Utility Group. The Bed Utility Group can be ordered for any truck with or without a RAM Box. The divider will be different because the width of the beds are different, they each have different part numbers. Nothing in the online build your own truck program we use, or that the dealer order program the dealers uses showed anything different but when us non Ram Box guys received the vehicle it seems someone decided all we got for our money is those tie down rails. Mopar customer service says to contact the dealer and the dealer says contact FCA or Mopar or God.

Papa615

Reaction score
Not only does it appear to only have tie down hooks but my sticker shows $100 more than when I ordered.

Linda2diva

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can order the parts/hooks so that we can use the extender?

Users who are viewing this thread