5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What error code is this? Yellow, star, truck

SilasB

Reaction score
Just noticed this today. Don't see it in the manual.

Edit. Lights up briefly on startup, and then goes away.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210310-183120.png
    Screenshot_20210310-183120.png
    547.9 KB · Views: 77

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that’s front collision

Mine shows up on starts and goes away. Probably just that system coming online

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And, if you disable forward collision warning, that icon STAYS ON ALL THE TIME. Is my all caps showing that it irritates me?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you check out page 139 in your manual, you should notice an icon that is very similar, albeit not identical. That is where its at in my 2020.

SilasB

Reaction score
Think what got me is that it fires after all the other warning lights cycle on startup.

I'm happy to ignore it now.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right. It's close but not exact which made me wonder.
It probably was that icon, and the software guys changed it, or the manual guys got lazy and used an icon from a different vehicle. I understand your confusion, glad we could help clear it up for ya (with only a small amount of silliness). :)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Pls update your signature to include your year/model. If will help in the future if you have other questions.
If you have a 2021, then it seems like the may have changed the icon for the forward collision warning. I have a 2019, but don’t recall what mine looks like.

Cheers,

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forward collision warning is two vehicles colliding with the star. 2021s have pedestrian emergency braking, which is a sub feature of forward collision warning, and that is probably it’s icon. Turn each setting off in the radio settings, and see if they are distinguished by two different icons.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forward collision warning is two vehicles colliding with the star. 2021s have pedestrian emergency braking, which is a sub feature of forward collision warning, and that is probably it’s icon. Turn each setting off in the radio settings, and see if they are distinguished by two different icons.
That's a good point, that may be what it means.
Regardless, I glanced in the 2021 manual as well before posting, and I didn't see that icon listed in that one either. Maybe they'll get around to adding it in the 2022 manual. :unsure:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good point, that may be what it means.
Regardless, I glanced in the 2021 manual as well before posting, and I didn't see that icon listed in that one either. Maybe they'll get around to adding it in the 2022 manual. :unsure:
Most likely. One that comes to mind is the adaptive front lights that came out on the 2019 HD Rams. Zero mention of it, or the steering guided lights radio setting until the 2020 owner’s manual.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This icon will show up if you turn off the forward collision or the pedestrian detection.
I was playing with these features this morning and noticed this icon going on and off on the dash display.

Users who are viewing this thread