5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Else Can You Do While Driving That Surprised You?

Jackham

Reaction score
Dropping the tailgate while on the road at speed sounds almost like some James Bond move! :cool:

I guess it all would depend on what you have pre-loaded on your bed!
I'm thinking a Phalanx Canon with shells in a neat belt stack aimed backwards.....you know....for those tailgaters:)

Gmolah

Reaction score
We know you can engage the parking brake, thanks to @mike_ct .

Last night while driving home I confirmed you can retract your folding mirrors at 55. I guess I can see a reason for needing to do that but what if you accidentally tapped that button in traffic? It was a bit disconcerting.

I also meant to try the tailgate release at speed but forgot that in my mirror excitement. I think I can argue the merits of dropping it both ways.

Any others?
I did this while test driving another ram that sold before I could get back there. The sales guy was oh you can do that and then I pushed it again and they extended.. He was shocked..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking a Phalanx Canon with shells in a neat belt stack aimed backwards.....you know....for those tailgaters:)

I was under the impression they were phasing phalanx out and replacing it with RAM.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Although firing a RAM from the bed of the truck might screw up your back window a bit. I wonder what the recoil is like on the phalanx :unsure:

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually did use to shift from D to N on an old Daytona in college going down hills. Hypermiling. I assumed there was something blocking it from going into reverse from N at highway speeds. Lol, never went too far to check.

Users who are viewing this thread