5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does this light mean?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The little orange light that says max. Earlier when I first took off from the driveway it said 20ft with the picture of the trailer but now it says max. Just curious. I'd love to check the manual but I left it at home.

Attachments

• 20180831_154926.jpg
    20180831_154926.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 514

mtehonica

Reaction score
Its your trailer blind spot monitor. It's detecting the length of the trailer connected. The max is 40' (39.5' technically). It automatically detects the trailer length when you make turns. I've noticed some not so tight turns will cause it to think the trailer is longer than it is but not a big deal for me. It can be set to 20', 30' 40'.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know as I don't have a manual handy, but I am guessing the trailer is at or past the max length for the blind spot monitors. I believe that is just for length, and doesn't have a calculation for weight.

Hope someone can answer you for sure.

Bufordw

Reaction score
Here is the Trailer Merge Assist part of the owners manual.

Attachments

• Trailer Merge Assist.pdf
    77.9 KB · Views: 158

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
Does no one on this site read their manuals?
C’mon guys. This is simple stuff that anyone can look up on their own.

its funny you say that. This light just came on in my truck for the first time. I guess it sensed vehicle in line at drive thru as trailers. stayed on auto never saw trailer bc there wasn't one. Looked in the manual when i got home as the light stayed on. no mention of this anywhere other then in blind spot monitoring. No other sections mention it again even though it refers you to multiple different locations. The above pdf is not in my 2020 manual. Just FYI. had to come here to find that out. isn't this what forums are for? Just my .02

SemperGumby

Reaction score
its funny you say that. This light just came on in my truck for the first time. I guess it sensed vehicle in line at drive thru as trailers. stayed on auto never saw trailer bc there wasn't one. Looked in the manual when i got home as the light stayed on. no mention of this anywhere other then in blind spot monitoring. No other sections mention it again even though it refers you to multiple different locations. The above pdf is not in my 2020 manual. Just FYI. had to come here to find that out. isn't this what forums are for? Just my .02
Just a heads up (assuming nothing changed for 2020), the manual you received when you purchase the vehicle is NOT the full manual. You have to write to RAM requesting the behemoth of a manual or go into the appropriate section here to download the PDF of it.

Users who are viewing this thread