5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does the FCA Enhanced Customer Satisfaction Department do?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
My dealer opened a case on my 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn that has been plagued with problems.

Today I was contacted by FCA to let me know that my vehicle qualifies to be transferred to the Enhanced Customer Satisfaction Department.

I asked the agent what that meant. She replied, “I don’t know but only select vehicles qualify”. She also said they will be contacting me.

Does anyone know what this means, or has anyone here dealt with that department? What to they do?

Thanks for any information.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Typical, the agent that contacted you can't tell you why she contacted you ? Another employee just collecting a paycheck.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Typical, the agent that contacted you can't tell you why she contacted you ? Another employee just collecting a paycheck.
I'm sure that employee was just doing what she was trained to do. Management most likely doesn't show them the big picture.

I tried to Google that department, but found nothing pertinent.

Frankly, I'm not sure what was being done about my truck on the regular case. All the agent did was call me and call the dealer to see how things were going. My truck, to my knowledge, didn't get expedited service or attention. The dealer opened the case, not me. I have no grips with the dealer. They are just trying to rectify all the factory defects. And there are quite a few.

I will most likely have to get rid of this truck. The longer I wait for a resolution, the more it depreciates. And, the more I'll have to eat financially. It already depreciated another $3,000 in the last month according to KBB.com.

I'm screwed.

I love the truck and would buy another Ram 1500 in a heartbeat. I just got a bad one.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I'm not at liberty to discuss my personal experience in this department and I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to talk about talking about my experience in this department...based on something I had to sign....so i'll keep it vague. I believe this department is in charge of denying buy backs.

I believe FCA supplies them with just one rubber stamp, "Denied", and that's all they do. Seems I recall being told these folks were at the level where they can make a final decision on what to do, but I think all the final decisions are the same.

I'd be very surprised if you get anything positive out of them. Since we have Lemon Laws, RAM really has no incentive to do anything for you other than what they are required to do. 1) Try to fix the problems for as long as you are willing to keep letting them try to fix the problems 2) Buy it back only after you'd jumped thru all the lemon law hoops given you've met the requirements set forth by your state.

Until you get to #2, they will stay on #1.

As long as you fulfill the requirements, you can go thru the process pretty easily. They buy em back all day every day, you just gotta jump thru the hoops.

Good luck.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
After having one - they do nothing more. A little better communication but thats about it.

airgas1998

Reaction score
can we all admit that yeah the ram is an awesome truck when all is lined up well with the universe, but the level of QC is laughable. my issues and i'm sure some experienced better and others far worse such as op's. i have a front quarter panel that is not flush, both lower sides of my windshield inside are scratched, headliner adhesive that shows through on passenger side near sun visor, paint defects, small blemishes in the body panels, leather seat with some white residue i cant get off and so forth.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
can we all admit that yeah the ram is an awesome truck when all is lined up well with the universe, but the level of QC is laughable. my issues and i'm sure some experienced better and others far worse such as op's. i have a front quarter panel that is not flush, both lower sides of my windshield inside are scratched, headliner adhesive that shows through on passenger side near sun visor, paint defects, small blemishes in the body panels, leather seat with some white residue i cant get off and so forth.
You won't get any argument from me on poor quality. The assembly quality on my $70,000 Longhorn was abysmal.

Luckily, my dealer was able to fix most of the interior alignment, squeaks and rattles. Now it's the important stuff that makes it a truck - the mechanicals, that are being difficult to fix. .

You would think a drivetrain is just rudimentary stuff by now.

Repairing my truck has actually made it worse. It sounds like a 1950's pick up truck instead of the 2019 luxury vehicle that it is supposed to be.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Okay, so obviously, the "Enhanced Customer Satisfaction" department exists only as an extra layer of passification.

I received 2 calls from my agent asking me if my truck was fixed yet. Isn't that what she's supposed to be orchestrating on her end?

I brought my truck to the dealer for these gear abnormalities on June 17th. Now I'm waiting for the area manager to show up at the dealership to ride with me.

FCA has absolutely no sense of urgency!

I'm thoroughly disgusted! What a joke!

My service manager is much more help than FCA.

Last edited:

borden72

Reaction score
Okay, so obviously, the "Enhanced Customer Satisfaction" department exists only as an extra layer of passification.

I received 2 calls from my agent asking me if my truck was fixed yet. Isn't that what she's supposed to be orchestrating on her end?

I brought my truck to the dealer for these gear abnormalities on June 17th. Now I'm waiting for the area manager to show up at the dealership to ride with me.

FCA has absolutely no sense of urgency!

I'm thoroughly disgusted! What a joke!

My service manager is much more help than FCA.
Email the FCA executive department. You will get a call most likely from their referral managers. I gave someone this idea earlier and they already called him.
Here's a list I used in the spring. I think a couple have changed already. Key things, don't send attachments or don't send a group email. You will probably get a couple bounce backs. Not all except email outside FCA. Any that have changed can be looked up on their corporate page or a little digging.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Chief Operating Officer NORTH AMERICA
Mark Stewart

[email protected]

Pietro Gorlier Parts and Service (MOPAR)

[email protected]

Olivier François Chief Marketing Officer

[email protected]

Reid Bigland Head of U.S. Sales

[email protected]

Harald Wester Chief Technical Officer

[email protected]

Ralph Gilles Design

[email protected]

Scott Garberding Chief Manufacturing Officer

[email protected]

Richard Schwarzwald Quality

[email protected]

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Email the FCA executive department. You will get a call most likely from their referral managers. I gave someone this idea earlier and they already called him.
Here's a list I used in the spring. I think a couple have changed already. Key things, don't send attachments or don't send a group email. You will probably get a couple bounce backs. Not all except email outside FCA. Any that have changed can be looked up on their corporate page or a little digging.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Chief Operating Officer NORTH AMERICA
Mark Stewart

[email protected]

Pietro Gorlier Parts and Service (MOPAR)

[email protected]

Olivier François Chief Marketing Officer

[email protected]

Reid Bigland Head of U.S. Sales

[email protected]

Harald Wester Chief Technical Officer

[email protected]

Ralph Gilles Design

[email protected]

Scott Garberding Chief Manufacturing Officer

[email protected]

Richard Schwarzwald Quality

[email protected]
Wow, thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.

It's a real crying shame you have to go through all this B.S. when you get a bad product.

borden72

Reaction score
Yea I don't mess around with them anymore. Good luck and I'll check in to see how you make out. I'd be curious to whom reaches out to you as well. I've dealt with only one so far.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Yea I don't mess around with them anymore. Good luck and I'll check in to see how you make out. I'd be curious to whom reaches out to you as well. I've dealt with only one so far.
I didn't actually open this case. My dealer did. Then one day out of the blue, I got a call from FCA stating that my vehicle was eligible to be escalated to the Enhanced Customer Satisfaction group. I thought, wow, now I'll really start to make progress. NOT!

It's pretty sad when the agent calls me twice to see if my truck was fixed yet. I guess she did zero research before calling me.

I expected more out of FCA, but they really let me down. I read news articles about how bad FCA customer service was. I really didn't believe it. Now I found out first hand.

borden72

Reaction score
I didn't actually open this case. My dealer did. Then one day out of the blue, I got a call from FCA stating that my vehicle was eligible to be escalated to the Enhanced Customer Satisfaction group. I thought, wow, now I'll really start to make progress. NOT!

It's pretty sad when the agent calls me twice to see if my truck was fixed yet. I guess she did zero research before calling me.

I expected more out of FCA, but they really let me down. I read news articles about how bad FCA customer service was. I really didn't believe it. Now I found out first hand.
The agents vary. Mine has been checking parts and dealer status before she calls me. FCA has a slow process to make things right. I love their product but they are really hurting customer satisfaction scores. At this point I'd consider a Ford and I hate those.

Definitely send the execs an email. It's free and the other guy today received a call in less than 2 hours. I do think the higher ups would like to see happier customers but the people in the middle get in the way.

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
I got a call from an ECS rep a few days ago telling me my vehicle was enrolled. Not sure why. I did read somewhere that the service department gets a flag on their screen informing them that the vehicle is an ECS vehicle and that they have to communicate with ECS on solutions to problems when working on the vehicle. Not sure if that’s true or not. I’m still having rough downshifting problems so maybe it’ll help when I take it back?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
The agents vary. Mine has been checking parts and dealer status before she calls me. FCA has a slow process to make things right. I love their product but they are really hurting customer satisfaction scores. At this point I'd consider a Ford and I hate those.

Definitely send the execs an email. It's free and the other guy today received a call in less than 2 hours. I do think the higher ups would like to see happier customers but the people in the middle get in the way.
I am going to give it until the end of this week, at which point it will be 1 month since I last communicated with my service manager.

My service manager did offer to ride with the shop foreman if the wait for the area manager would be too long. I would like to give the area manager a chance.

I really like the FCA product line. I think that Ram is the best designed truck available. Quality just outright sucks though... I wonder haw and why some of this slop gets out of the factory. And yes, the people in the middle at FCA get in the way of good customer relations and satisfaction. My ECS agent is just outright lazy. You would think that a supervisor would oversee what she is doing and flag the amount of time my case gas been open with zero activity.

Again, my thanks for the communications list. I'll make use of it soon.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Its very very unfortunate that you've had to go through all this. Every maker including the mighty Toyota, has these blips. While some may do a better job than others with the “urgency” or timeliness, it’s just another file on a desk.

Each truck forum has threads like this. When I bought my F150 and first got on the F150 forum, it was scary that there were so many issues on the new model. Sadly thats vehicle production these days. Dealers and corporate were no better over there at Ford, I believe GM is the same.

Keep at the lemon law and maybe lease your next truck in order to not take such a financial risk? I wishI knew what else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread