5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone do for a living?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
14 years Active Duty Air Force. Joined to be EOD, and quickly changed my mind after meeting my instructor who was missing a leg and a few fingers. Didn't need that bonus anyways. Retrained and became a vehicle mechanic. Sucked at that for 5 years, and now a Weather Forecaster for grey tails flying all around the world.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Main job is installing and servicing stair lifts and vertical platform lifts. Been with the same company for 38 years (I'm 58). Went to college for computer science back in the early 80's - wrote and still maintain our main system software (Informix 4gl and Informix SQL - running on a SCO Unix Box)

I thought I was the only guy old enough to have been a SCO Unix admin.... LOL! :ROFLMAO:

flyfingers

Reaction score
15 yrs as a mailman and last 15 yrs as a vineyard manager and leaning very heavily as this being my last grape harvest. Looking forward to days filled with coffee on the deck, float tube fishing on the lakes followed by beers / BBQ on the deck. Time waits for no one.

antwon412

Reaction score
Sr. Operations Process Analyst.
Fancy title for basically making sure all our company processs work as intended and have documentation that explains how things should be done.

Last edited:

tdager

Reaction score
Own Family Firearms in Troy, AL and LOCK-N-LOAD in Enterprise, AL... guns, ammo, optics, etc.

I know Enterprise, spent some time at Ft. Rucker and lived in Dothan for several years!

tdager

Reaction score
My username is a hint. In my 41st year with the ISP, will be retiring in February of next year when I turn 65, mandatory retirement age. Prior to that served as a Security Police Officer in the US Air Force from 1974-1978.

Congrats on the career, and the retirement! (y)

tdager

Reaction score
Former military (82nd Airborne, Combat Engineer), civilian Law Enforcement, now Chief Information Security Officer (basically lead a team to try and stop hackers from breaking into our shi...stuff LOL) for a Fortune 50.

Users who are viewing this thread