5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think this new problem comes from?

dmodem

Reaction score
After my Limited with air suspension has been parked in the garage for about 1 1/2 weeks, I noticed the front seemed to be sitting lower and the tailgate wouldn't open even though it was unlocked. Upon trying to start it, the battery was completely dead, and it wouldn't turn over while attempting to jump start it. I charged the battery for about 6 hours, and it started, but the truck was in entry/exit height - even though I've never used it. Upon finally starting it and immediately attempting to raise the height, a notice came on stating the air ride needed to cool down before raising, and after 5 mins of idling, it never raised.

After the truck was shut off and sitting for about 10 mins, the suspension leveled off on its own. There should be absolutely no reason the battery completely drained, and if wasn't a 3rd vehicle and needed in a hot minute, it couldn't be used. In addition to my horrible A/C performance issue that can't be resolved, today makes strike 2.

Damion

Reaction score
I can't say what was going on with the air suspension to make it act up, I do know that the air ride is active with the truck off as well. ( was in the showroom with a sales man and he sat on the tailgate and the truck levelled itself off while sitting in the showroom )

So my guess would be theres a small leak somewhere in the system, the truck while sitting kept trying to level out and whereby drained the battery. Because the battery went dead the sensors and the computer readings didn't match so it threw the system for a loop.

I could be way off, but thats what makes sense in my mind. It may have stored an error code somewhere, take it in and get it read on a scan tool see what comes up.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
I don’t have your problems, thank goodness, but only because I live in Vermont where we don’t need the air conditioning to work hard, and we’d never get the air ride suspension as an option because it wouldn’t last more than a few years with 6 months of road salt and 2 months of mud season. I rarely ever see a Limited up here, and if I do, it’s got ‘city’ plates from NYC or something. Knock on wood, my Laramie has been void of any issues whatsoever. ....not that that helps you out. I hope you find the scavenging current loss soon. I saw a couple other threads of others with batteries going dead. I did notice that if my tailgate is not shut 100% tight, the bed light stays on, but it might go off automatically over time anyway? Not sure. Your battery power loss could be something simple like that. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dmodem

Reaction score
I don’t have your problems, thank goodness, but only because I live in Vermont where we don’t need the air conditioning to work hard, and we’d never get the air ride suspension as an option because it wouldn’t last more than a few years with 6 months of road salt and 2 months of mud season. I rarely ever see a Limited up here, and if I do, it’s got ‘city’ plates from NYC or something. Knock on wood, my Laramie has been void of any issues whatsoever. ....not that that helps you out. I hope you find the scavenging current loss soon. I saw a couple other threads of others with batteries going dead. I did notice that if my tailgate is not shut 100% tight, the bed light stays on, but it might go off automatically over time anyway? Not sure. Your battery power loss could be something simple like that. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My issue was not related to any unsecured tailgate, etc. The only thing I noticed is the front suspension lowered well after the truck was parked. No compressor or any other electrical component was noticed that would drain the battery. Once I get a "confirmed" dealer response after service, I'll post the info. Ram, PLEASE don't push me into a generic interiored High Country!

dmodem

Reaction score
Service app't. on Friday. With the 3 recalls as well as the week+ of a/c evaluation / parts replacement, this Ram has become well-known at this dealer in the past 13 months.

dmodem

Reaction score
After being in the shop since Friday, lo and behold, they can't pinpoint the issue. Although there were numerous codes related to voltage, they can find no suspension leak nor attribute the codes to anything specific and the truck has not lowered on its own.

That's not very reassuring and hopefully it won't decide to do it again when it's not at home next time.

Users who are viewing this thread