5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do with your fob?

Topher

Reaction score
Kinda a stupid question but do you guys have any cool or different places you keep your key fob while driving? I usually drop it in the cup holder but I had coffee and water this morning so no free cup holders lol. So it just got me thinking where else could I store it while driving.

BigD

Reaction score
I put mine in the slide out tray area where the change holder is or in the winter it's inside my zipper pocket on my Carhartt jacket. There is only 1 thing I would like added to my Big Horn & that's keyless entry. It sucks pulling out my fob when it's -10 below zero to hit the unlock button.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cup holder behind the center console. I hate having things in my pocket while I’m driving feels uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Topher

Reaction score
I put mine in the slide out tray area where the change holder is or in the winter it's inside my zipper pocket on my Carhartt jacket. There is only 1 thing I would like added to my Big Horn & that's keyless entry. It sucks pulling out my fob when it's -10 below zero to hit the unlock button.
Truth!

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s winter now so it’s in my coat pocket

In the summer I usually drop it in the drink holder in the door. Pretty much see the fob and other keys everytime I get out.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I throw it in the slide tray behind the coin slots. Usually there pretty much all the time. I rarely lock it, since I live in the middle of nowhere. I have started taking it with me though more in the winter, for the remote start.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At home it's on my night stand when I'm not using the truck. Other than that it's in my pocket, including when I unlock or remote start the truck - reach in pocket, push button(s), take hand out of pocket.

I have the passive entry kit sitting in my garage. One of these weekends I'll have to find the time to start installing it.

Keys in my pocket don't bother me but my wallet does so it goes in the sliding tray behind the cupholders. I flipped my tray insert 180° so the coin holder is in the back. Makes that tray much more useful IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread