5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do these do ???

Hyfire

Reaction score
I’ve got these on my dash. Looks like the RIGHT controls dash brightness... and the LEFT turns on overhead light???

Is this right?

I rotate these in both directions and nothing happens, anywhere. I’m confused.

Are mine broken or am I nuts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 42

leonandlisa

Reaction score
I think you are correct, you won’t be able to tell if the dash light works unless the headlights or running lights are on and it is dark out.

As for the dome light, do you have one? If you do check the bulb, if you don’t it is most likely just there because it is the same dash as many vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought one was for the ambient lighting and one for the dash lights. My Rebel only has one as I don't have the ambient lighting. Your manual will tell you.

Nels

Reaction score
I think you have it right. One is for ambient lighting for sure. I also think the other is for instrument lighting. Like said above. Try them when it's dark outside.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought one was for the ambient lighting and one for the dash lights. My Rebel only has one as I don't have the ambient lighting. Your manual will tell you.

The only ambient lighting in the Rebel is the light that shines into the cup holders and the dail will brighten and dim that light but won't turn it off. At least that's what it does in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread