5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do I miss getting bench seat on Laramine?

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
Ok, so I do like the new center console, however after having 2015 and 2018 ram 1500 with bench seat l really like the extra width you get with the bench seat versus console. Do I miss out on any power outlets? I know I miss out on some extra cup holders and the rear console cup holder allows a tablet to fit (that is cool)....

I guess I am asking is there any other cool features I would be missing out on.
Thanks!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That I can not answer, the only thing I can say is that I LOVE my Laramie bench seating. So if I am missing out on something, I have not noticed enough to regret it. :) 27E7B78B-CC6A-4B37-A985-00EB1D1289AE.jpeg

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have full console. Some things you are missing. You enjoy the bench roll it. As of this time with 2 younger boys and this being the family traveler for the time. The extra stuff of outlets, space and such comes in handy for the fam

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Console. However, I wish that I had the bench. I thought the console was better until I had a rental with the bench. Honestly, maybe other than an outlet and a little more storage; I don't think you lose much. I will be getting the bench when I upgrade to a 2500 in a couple years.

Reverse

Reaction score
If the bench is anything like the 4th gen, there's 'hidden' storage under the center seat, which I used to install safe in my 4th gen. I have a safe in my 5th gen's center console now, but it's much smaller than in the bench. Also, for tall drivers, splaying the legs is out of the question with a console; it really does make a difference.

djjr50

Reaction score
If the bench is anything like the 4th gen, there's 'hidden' storage under the center seat, which I used to install safe in my 4th gen. I have a safe in my 5th gen's center console now, but it's much smaller than in the bench. Also, for tall drivers, splaying the legs is out of the question with a console; it really does make a difference.
Yeah, I sat in a Laramie long before I got my Limited and it had the bench setup. I wanted this setup due to the ability for me to spread 'em. However, the third (middle) seat creates a somewhat wider divide in between the driver and outboard passenger which means less width for my rump. I do believe it's not possible to have ventilated seats with the bench.

RJS

Reaction score
Comparing the bench to my 19 Laramie stage 2, it looks like you are missing the CD player - wireless charger - couple of USB ports and the rear cup holders. Probably not a big deal usually and IIRC they left the CD player off the 2020's. There is a ton of storage between the seat and the dash that is also not there.

derp

Reaction score
Ok, so I do like the new center console, however after having 2015 and 2018 ram 1500 with bench seat l really like the extra width you get with the bench seat versus console. Do I miss out on any power outlets? I know I miss out on some extra cup holders and the rear console cup holder allows a tablet to fit (that is cool)....

I guess I am asking is there any other cool features I would be missing out on.
Thanks!

the 12 inch screen is right up in the knee space. Wireles charge cradle is in the footspace. 110v outlet is under wireless charge.
another USB charge in the storage of the console as well as the 4 (2 usbc 2 usb A) and a 110v in the back. vented seat controls are on the back of that seat. maybe the rear center AC vents stay? I didn't look closely at the tradesman with a bench I had as a loaner while I was in repair.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I have the bench and love it. It has pretty much everything except the wireless phone charger and deep storage pockets. You do get a couple cool pen holders and on my 2019 the CD player is hidden underneath the seat which is cool. You get all the standard laramie options, heated vented seats etc.. The bench in this truck is sweet, no regrets.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 2019 the CD player is hidden underneath the seat which is cool.

I didn't realize that about the CD player on a bench seat Ram. Is there a reason why it wouldn't be in the dash like a bucket seat Ram? Does your truck just have a storage space (similar to a 2020 Ram) where the CD player normally would be on a bucket seat Ram? Or do they have electrical ports in that location?

derp

Reaction score
I didn't realize that about the CD player on a bench seat Ram. Is there a reason why it wouldn't be in the dash like a bucket seat Ram? Does your truck just have a storage space (similar to a 2020 Ram) where the CD player normally would be on a bucket seat Ram? Or do they have electrical ports in that location?
on the console the cd is where your feet would go for clearance I imagine they moved it.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you guys with Bench seats take pictures of the area? Showing what all the storage looks like and everything? I'm thinking of upgrading to a 2500 later this year and might want a bench in that one. I rented a new Silverado while on vacation that had a bench. While I did not like that truck the bench was fun, my son liked it while driving through the mountains so he could see everything. I liked it when we left the kids at the hotel and went on a drive just me and the wife.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe I ever sat in one that had the buckets, but I like the ability to move my legs around and not beat my knee against the center console. I also believe that it makes the front of the truck feel more roomy. That being said, my center console spends 99% of its time being down as an arm rest and bottle holder.
We did put a backpack on the floor there that had a few snacks and stuff in it, made it easy to remove and take with us when we got to our destination.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
It does have a large pop out storage space where I presume the CD player would be on the console versions. A pair of CarPlay enabled USB ports are to the left of it. Bench has same bucket seats as the seats with the console. The center seat folds up to show a little floor storage area with CD player underneath the seat of the center seat. I can take some photos later today to show. I do have this photo showing the pen holders in the main storage of the center seat where I put a pen, window breaker, flashlight, bottle opener multi tool image3.jpeg .
image2.jpeg

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Couple other photos showing the usb ports and storage areas. If anyone knows of any good lockable top for the underseat storage area, please let me know.

Attachments

• F80512AF-2617-4FC9-912F-E0E470C2B10D.jpeg
    F80512AF-2617-4FC9-912F-E0E470C2B10D.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 152F8EF7-6950-4DC3-AA5B-F06F552B9B08.jpeg
    152F8EF7-6950-4DC3-AA5B-F06F552B9B08.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 3550A22F-D724-4BF6-AFE6-A38C2ED406E9.jpeg
    3550A22F-D724-4BF6-AFE6-A38C2ED406E9.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 115
  • A3D2246A-CFD3-4EBF-9C7C-C7B22E9E65DE.jpeg
    A3D2246A-CFD3-4EBF-9C7C-C7B22E9E65DE.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 109

Wheeler

Reaction score
Only thing actually missing adjustable cup holders and place to mount an gun safe.My 1st ram was bench seat next 2 console and this one took me forever to find bench seat with 12 inch screen and interior colors I want. Love extra leg room and my 10year old love to hang in middle for short Mc D trips in town.

Users who are viewing this thread