5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do I do to remove this damn govener?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
On my 2021 at 104 mph mine hits the wall and fuel cuts off.. generally no room or reason in NJ to get there but when your cruising and 85 and punch it 104 comes up quick. Extremely annoying !

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want to go fast sell your truck and buy a Challenger SRT. :cool:

You have several factors working against you driving at high speeds in your Ram Truck.
  1. Aerodynamics: Your truck is allowing to much airflow underneath the trucks which makes it unstable when driving over 100 MPH.
  2. Tires: Most truck tires are not rated for highspeed
  3. Weight: Trucks weigh a lot more than a car and take longer to slow down / stop.
Don't get me wrong I like Horsepower and Torque as much as the next guy but my truck is not a Corvette or Ferrari. :rolleyes:

Scram1500

Reaction score
Your tires will have tread separation if you go faster than what they are limited for. Most truck tires are rated to 106 mph (or slower). The TRX had special tires made just to be able to go 118 mph.

I separated the tread from 4 snow tires in my youth traveling at 150, very thankful to have survived that moment of stupidity

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
If you want to go fast sell your truck and buy a Challenger SRT. :cool:

You have several factors working against you driving at high speeds in your Ram Truck.
  1. Aerodynamics: Your truck is allowing to much airflow underneath the trucks which makes it unstable when driving over 100 MPH.
  2. Tires: Most truck tires are not rated for highspeed
  3. Weight: Trucks weigh a lot more than a car and take longer to slow down / stop.
Don't get me wrong I like Horsepower and Torque as much as the next guy but my truck is not a Corvette or Ferrari. :rolleyes:
Agreed but Have you seen the brakes on these trucks? I’ll give some of these smaller cars a run for their money.

jljbtm

Reaction score
I don't have any actual numbers but the ram feels like it gained so much torque. I love it's Characteristics and has been my favorite mod so far. With the i3, you can change the throttle response.
with the i3 you can change the pedal response like the pedal commander does?? I liked the pedal commander on my old Ram

Code2medic

Reaction score
And remember in order for the warranty claim to be denied the modification has to be the main reason for the issue to begin with or by law the claim can not be denied. Just saying you’ll have to fight tooth and nail for it but they will eventually get tired of hearing from you and fix it

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Hmmmm never considered the speed rating on stock tires :mad:. I've hit 115 a few times seeing how fast it'll go, and I keep running into obstacles (distance, other cars, popo).

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Hmmmm never considered the speed rating on stock tires :mad:. I've hit 115 a few times seeing how fast it'll go, and I keep running into obstacles (distance, other cars, popo).
My stock 22 tires were rated for a good bit higher than 105. I don’t think this is the limiting factor on that 105 limit at all. It’s most likely just a safety precaution to keep us safe from ourselves

jljbtm

Reaction score
What were the stock tires? This one has 50,000 and I don't know if they were replaced or never rotated
c06ad47d76b6a8d74d5516dcfb24b462.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
What were the stock tires? This one has 50,000 and I don't know if they were replaced or never rotated
c06ad47d76b6a8d74d5516dcfb24b462.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Im sure they’ve been replaced. It depends if you had the 22’s or rather you had the off-road package or not to say what tires were on it originally.

redneck

Reaction score
I have been in a 55 mph head on crash=110 and it hurts the seat belts broke and my head went thru the windshield not fun be carefully out their.tires can have defects and blow out with no warning

Orion10182011

Reaction score
I now have an unlocked ecm and HP tuners. Yes, you can change the speed limiter with HP Tuners. Be sure you have tires rated for the speed set.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
most pcm's will count key cycles so if you take in your 2 yr old truck with 10 key cycles recorded on it they are going to know somethings up
As it should.
C'mon guys. You're going to adjust the engine parameters well beyond what RAM warranties and then when you screw something up you try to 'trick' RAM into paying for warranty work?
That behavior raises the prices for all RAM's.
Have some integrity. If you're going to 'play' you need to be willing to pay. Insurance fraud is committed by losers too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread