5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you WITH your Ram this weekend

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had a little fun in the new snow we got. 8" of dry blowing snow means some good snow drifts. For anyone worried about the Vararam and getting snow up in it, if I didn't get it packed with snow after today, nobody will. Second picture is under the front of the truck. Only reason I came home when I did was the battery light came on and voltage was fluctuating. Now I know why PXL_20240112_191026058.MP.jpg PXL_20240112_191115007.jpg

stevieb92

Reaction score
Had a little fun in the new snow we got. 8" of dry blowing snow means some good snow drifts. For anyone worried about the Vararam and getting snow up in it, if I didn't get it packed with snow after today, nobody will. Second picture is under the front of the truck. Only reason I came home when I did was the battery light came on and voltage was fluctuating. Now I know why View attachment 174455 View attachment 174456

It appears like you had fun!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a little fun in the new snow we got. 8" of dry blowing snow means some good snow drifts. For anyone worried about the Vararam and getting snow up in it, if I didn't get it packed with snow after today, nobody will. Second picture is under the front of the truck. Only reason I came home when I did was the battery light came on and voltage was fluctuating. Now I know why View attachment 174455 View attachment 174456

Sounds like a good argument for the front skid plate. You know you want one!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, looks good. Cut off the frame legs? That would need some extra brackets or something.
Yes, cut them off because they stuck out like a sore thumb looking at the truck from the side.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ended up getting stuck this morning trying to help someone else. Drifts were deceivingly deep. 4' at least where I ended up. Thankfully a county snowplow came through and yanked me out, then cleaned up to where other car was and I was able to yank them out.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ended up getting stuck this morning trying to help someone else. Drifts were deceivingly deep. 4' at least where I ended up. Thankfully a county snowplow came through and yanked me out, then cleaned up to where other car was and I was able to yank them out.
Man I’m jealous I wish we were getting snow!!

Next time if you can do a little video of your good deed 😂 I need to feel like I was there playing in the snow.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn that looks like a good time!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
with my truck this weekend? nothing much.
drove it to meet my friend who just picked up a 20 Gladiator with Mopar lift kit, winch, AMP research and 37s. His passenger side mirror didn't tilt up and down, and the BSM wasn't working. Chased all the wiring for an hour and didn't find anything. Then out of the "f*ck it" mentality I tried the other side. The moment I touch the connector on the passenger side the AMP power steps went haywire. Found the problem and fixed it in 5 minutes, then proceeded to admire (again) what kind of sh*tshow these powered steps can introduce to the truck.

Scored a free dinner for ~1.5hr of work and my friends witnessed first hand how pissed I get when I have to deal with mickey mouse design.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not the weekend, but driving across Nebraska to go on a military waterfowl hunt. Truck is surprising me with gas mileage. Slight tail wind. Lifted, 35" tires with wheel spacers, and off-road front bumper. Have a video as well to prove this isn't a fluke picture while slowing down or going downhill PXL_20240117_183444699.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not the weekend, but driving across Nebraska to go on a military waterfowl hunt. Truck is surprising me with gas mileage. Slight tail wind. Lifted, 35" tires with wheel spacers, and off-road front bumper. Have a video as well to prove this isn't a fluke picture while slowing down or going downhill View attachment 174870
So had a great time the past two days. Yesterday wasn't great, 40mph winds and blowing snow sucked in the pit. Ended up the day with 17 between 6 guys and was a long grind. They switched the groups up today and went with different guides. The place we went today was awesome. Sunny all day, light wind. Ended the day limiting out by 2pm with four shooters. That's 20 birds. And I for sure got at least five.

Results of first day
IMG_20240118_190215.jpg

Second day pics. A selfie about halfway through the day, and our end of day pic with all the birds. PXL_20240119_192347432.jpg received_1263368935065756.jpeg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So had a great time the past two days. Yesterday wasn't great, 40mph winds and blowing snow sucked in the pit. Ended up the day with 17 between 6 guys and was a long grind. They switched the groups up today and went with different guides. The place we went today was awesome. Sunny all day, light wind. Ended the day limiting out by 2pm with four shooters. That's 20 birds. And I for sure got at least five.

Results of first day
View attachment 175033

Second day pics. A selfie about halfway through the day, and our end of day pic with all the birds. View attachment 175034 View attachment 175032
that looks really fun!

TSL

Reaction score

Results of first day
View attachment 175033

Second day pics. A selfie about halfway through the day, and our end of day pic with all the birds. View attachment 175034 View attachment 175032
So, I'm not a waterfowl hunter, or any kind of a hunter for that matter....and I'm looking at this pic and I see a stack of dead geese and a bunch of live ones happily grazing in the background and I'm sitting here thinking "what the heck?, are they that dumb?" ( the geese I mean ! ) Like why didn't they all scatter after the first shot ?
I grew up in Ireland and my dad used to tell a story about 2 guys he knew who went pheasant hunting in the woods. Evidently one day a pheasant was roused in the bushes and took off running down the path ahead of them, as pheasants tend to do. One guy raised his gun, and the other guy said "whoa, you're not going to shoot him when he's running are you?" To which the first guy replied "no, I'm waiting for him to stop" :) I guess the sportsman way to do it was to wait until he took wing and then try to get him. Maybe that's what you guys do.
Anyway, apologies if this seems like a dumb observation, I just don't know anything about bird hunting !

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online