5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TSL

Reaction score
Before doing so, we passed by Kluane Lake.
View attachment 188011
Biggest lake in Yukon. Unfortunately didn't spend a lot of time there to explore because it was 40s outside with wind chill, and rainstorm was passing.

Kluane Lake...that jogged my memory. When my wife and I road-tripped up there in 2006. We stopped there. We left Oregon the weekend before Memorial Day, so my memory is that by the time we would have got up to Kluane Lake it would have been early June. Here's what we saw of the lake that day ..... Brrrrr !
We were quite surprised to discover it wasn't fully thawed out yet. Obviously we didn't know much about the climate up there.
If I remember right, all that ice in the foreground is the result of wind-driven spray freezing up.
Probably folks who live around the Great Lakes see stuff like this in the winter.
006_3.JPG

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Kluane Lake...that jogged my memory. When my wife and I road-tripped up there in 2006. We stopped there. We left Oregon the weekend before Memorial Day, so my memory is that by the time we would have got up to Kluane Lake it would have been early June. Here's what we saw of the lake that day ..... Brrrrr !
We were quite surprised to discover it wasn't fully thawed out yet. Obviously we didn't know much about the climate up there.
If I remember right, all that ice in the foreground is the result of wind-driven spray freezing up.
Probably folks who live around the Great Lakes see stuff like this in the winter.
View attachment 188572
WOW!
i thought that was foam until I read the description LOL

boogielander

Reaction score
yesterday - admitting defeat.
Took time to photograph the truck with Alaskan Pipeline. IMG_8112.jpg
But first, retake of Arctic Circle sign
IMG_8168.jpg
Then the pipeline. These are much bigger than they look.
IMG_8186.jpg
Found a random side road so took advantage of it.
IMG_8232.jpg
Found another photo spot.

as usual, details in my build thread

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yesterday - admitting defeat.
Took time to photograph the truck with Alaskan Pipeline. View attachment 188573
But first, retake of Arctic Circle sign
View attachment 188574
Then the pipeline. These are much bigger than they look.
View attachment 188575
Found a random side road so took advantage of it.
View attachment 188576
Found another photo spot.

as usual, details in my build thread
One of my uncles helped build the Alaskan pipeline. I have a small vial of crude oil taken from it

boogielander

Reaction score
One of my uncles helped build the Alaskan pipeline. I have a small vial of crude oil taken from it
dude that's awesome!
you need to come up and see it in person. it's beyond words when i saw it with my eyes!
it'd be more special to bring that vial with you when you come up.

billfraley

Reaction score
Replaced the Bighorn badge with a black sport badge. Not a fan of debadging anymore. Used to do it a lot when I was younger. IMG_3008.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread