5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, didn’t know about your bear prowess.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention about the bears there, as I encountered them myself and when I warned other people on the trail about them, they took out their cameras and ran towards the area. I skidaddled! No idea of the outcome of their photo opportunity, I wasn’t waiting around to find out.
As for the Banff Springs, there are other less costly (but nice) places to stay and at $1100 USD, I’d tour around the hotel and maybe have a drink or something to eat there. It was a lot cheaper when I went even in CAD!
As an aside, there is a huge campground just outside the Village. It’s called Tunnel Mountain. Just outside the Village, take the Gondola up to the top of Sulpher Mountain. Spectacular view!
View attachment 184216
View attachment 184217
My wife and I just came back from Banff last week. We flew. Driving would have taken around 2 days each way.

The hotel we stayed at (Ptarmigan) in downtown Banff, gave us free bus passes. We decided to just take a free bus tour and we ended up in Tunnel Mountain LOL!
Pic attached is from the top of Sulphur Mountain Cosmic Ray Station

Attachments

• PXL_20240524_155357559.jpg
    PXL_20240524_155357559.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe when the AC is running the A.S.S. is off. Someone will confirm.
Barkin up the right tree... it's not expressly "off" but the truck will spend less time in auto stop when cabin cooling demand is the priority... and depending on how high it has to run, it could bypass stop/start for a while.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I usually say "bike" and the mountain bikers I talk to get confused. I have to specify, "dirt bike". Then they say, "oh, you ride moto". Nope. "Moto" in my world is motocross.
and then you people get mad at ATV-ers when we say "bike" hahahaha

also, look at you being on it, dog-gone-it!

Screen Shot 2024-06-03 at 1.56.59 PM.png

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Had my AC system checked. I feel like it could be colder than it is. Mechanic ran it in max AC and used thermometer in left vent. It came out at 50deg. Ambient temp was 70deg. Told me everything was fine. He refused to do a pressure check claiming that there is no way it's low.
I didn't believe that, as i thought it should be closer to 40deg when outside temp is 70.
I ended up checking the low pressure myself and found it a nudge under 30 at 70deg outside temp.
Bumped it up to 35 and it now blows at 40deg.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my AC system checked. I feel like it could be colder than it is. Mechanic ran it in max AC and used thermometer in left vent. It came out at 50deg. Ambient temp was 70deg. Told me everything was fine. He refused to do a pressure check claiming that there is no way it's low.
I didn't believe that, as i thought it should be closer to 40deg when outside temp is 70.
I ended up checking the low pressure myself and found it a nudge under 30 at 70deg outside temp.
Bumped it up to 35 and it now blows at 40deg.
Did you go back and tell the idiot?

I once had to show a dealer tech how to put oil cooler lines back in the holding mounts. The service mngr gave me crap sayin it was good enough for a 3 month old truck warranty repair. I had to explain to him that an owner that builds racecars outranks a dealer tech. They weren't as shamed as they should have been.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called on it.

FCA suggested a 48V battery pack, out of service 5/20, ETA 6/27.

Been looking at new trucks, I'd go Ram again with a healthy trade in and Mark Dodge discount for a low trim I6.

aprez

Reaction score
Installed an ARB Dual Compressor.

Rambox.jpg

Rambox removed with a little assistance from my wife. Very light, just awkward.
Rambox removed.jpg

Unhooking the electric connector behind the taillight was the hardest part of the install.
Connector.jpg

Mounted up using the DETHLOFF MFG. backing plate, used all 8 bolts.
Compressor installed.jpg

Used a standard hole saw to drill hole for wire harness, found these grommets on Amazon to clean it up.
Grommet.jpg

Finished product.
Compressor installed 3.jpg

Rambox Full.jpg

Now I need to troubleshoot the compressor/harness. I have it hooked up to an Auxbeam switch panel, but when I turn on the compressor you can barely hear it and it's blowing very lightly like a fan. I used an Expedition Essentials harness extension connected to the ARB harness that's connected directly to the battery, not sure if that's the problem, but I'm going to take that out of the equation and use marine grade cable to extend off of the ARB harness to the battery.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed an ARB Dual Compressor.

View attachment 184304

Rambox removed with a little assistance from my wife. Very light, just awkward.
View attachment 184305

Unhooking the electric connector behind the taillight was the hardest part of the install.
View attachment 184306

Mounted up using the DETHLOFF MFG. backing plate, used all 8 bolts.
View attachment 184307

Used a standard hole saw to drill hole for wire harness, found these grommets on Amazon to clean it up.
View attachment 184308

Finished product.
View attachment 184310

View attachment 184311

Now I need to troubleshoot the compressor/harness. I have it hooked up to an Auxbeam switch panel, but when I turn on the compressor you can barely hear it and it's blowing very lightly like a fan. I used an Expedition Essentials harness extension connected to the ARB harness that's connected directly to the battery, not sure if that's the problem, but I'm going to take that out of the equation and use marine grade cable to extend off of the ARB harness to the battery.
direct wire ARB to the battery. Make sure you have both power cables connected (duals should have two pairs of power and ground with TWO fuse holders) and body ground the ground.
Also, i strongly suggest you use ARB's harness with the switch instead of auxbeam panel. The harness should have a relay.
Please use ARB #180415

You also need a manifold per ARB here: ARB Twin Compressor Installation Guide
From what i've seen here are the issues:
1. No Manifold
2. No #180415 harness used.

Also make sure your engine's running when running the compressor.

jeffrich77

Reaction score
Installed the 5" B2 Fab tips to compliment the rest of the exhaust from them. Debadged the rear and added a Molon Labe badge to replace the Ram emblem. My goodness pollen is terrible this year. I tried to rinse some of it off but it's futile.

20240604_182932~2 (1).jpg 20240604_182949.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was disappointed to find out my truck never had the soft open tailgate installed from the factory. A little surprised too because it has the factory bed liner and lights. Oh well, a $30 purchase from Amazon for the DeeZee shock absorber thingy and it is all good now. Ram does us a favor and installs the mounting knobs for the shock whether the truck is delivered with tailgate assist or not. Whole job took about 5 minutes.

View attachment 184211 View attachment 184209 View attachment 184210
Did this today and glad I did the oe one from factory was blown out.

Took me 10 mins very easy!

Torx 25 x2 and a trim tool made light work of this.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Link to the badge you used? Or did you make it?

Most likely this.

Jedi9

Reaction score
Thanks, I got a black ram but haven't put it on, wanted to leave just a little flash at the back.
I see several that interest me!

Last edited:

aprez

Reaction score
direct wire ARB to the battery. Make sure you have both power cables connected (duals should have two pairs of power and ground with TWO fuse holders) and body ground the ground.
Also, i strongly suggest you use ARB's harness with the switch instead of auxbeam panel. The harness should have a relay.
Please use ARB #180415

You also need a manifold per ARB here: ARB Twin Compressor Installation Guide
From what i've seen here are the issues:
1. No Manifold
2. No #180415 harness used.

Also make sure your engine's running when running the compressor.

First, thanks for replying. I did this install on my old Gladiator, same deal into a switch panel connected both red's to the battery as well as grounds. Purple and black wires to switch panel. Worked like a charm, no manifold needed. On my gladiator I just extended the wires with 10 and 8 gauge wire, this time I used an aftermarket harness extension connected to the ARB harness. Gonna purchase another ARB harness and just extend that the same way I did on my gladiator. It will make troubleshooting easier as I won't have to pull the rambox again.

Behind the rear seat of the Gladiator. Switch is not wired, just put it in the slot to fill the hole. Manifolds are only if using lockers so no need I'm just using for OBA.

IMG_0967.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread