5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered more parts for mine. Fell for one of those targeted Facebook ads for a cheap winch. Openroad is the brand. It's a 13k rated winch with synthetic rope and comes with two wireless controllers as well as a wired one. All said and done was $300 shipped. Did a little research before pulling the trigger and the YouTube reviews on it seems pretty decent.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Ordered more parts for mine. Fell for one of those targeted Facebook ads for a cheap winch. Openroad is the brand. It's a 13k rated winch with synthetic rope and comes with two wireless controllers as well as a wired one. All said and done was $300 shipped. Did a little research before pulling the trigger and the YouTube reviews on it seems pretty decent.
I have an older Badlands 12,000 lb winch on my '05 TJR and it's gotten me out of a couple of sticky situations. And helped another jeeper out on the trail.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older Badlands 12,000 lb winch on my '05 TJR and it's gotten me out of a couple of sticky situations. And helped another jeeper out on the trail.
This one is supposed to be comparable to the Badlands Apex winch. We will see. If I was hard core off-road guy where I might need to use one more frequently, would probably opt for a more well known option.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This one is supposed to be comparable to the Badlands Apex winch. We will see. If I was hard core off-road guy where I might need to use one more frequently, would probably opt for a more well known option.
Yeah, I like the look of winches. I'm just not able to justify having one yet.

Highly unlikely that I will get stuck in the rough terrain of a costco parking lot.

Davidbt

Reaction score
The winch was on my jeep when I bought it. I've done a lot of jeeping. I'm on my 7th. I've gone over the Rubicon trail in my first jeep maybe three times in the 90's. This is my first jeep with a winch. My first jeep or should I say my youngest son's jeep. And my current jeep. 20231204_142036.jpg 20220611_192755.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread