5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not exactly my truck, but I’m in Stuart, FL for the long weekend visiting future In laws. So a rental is a must. I figured why not rent a Ram since I’m already familiar with them (minimal time learning the rental vehicle. Lol). I was expecting a Tradesman 6cyl or Big Horn at best. Drove away in this bad boy. Limited with Air Sus, digital display, and many more bells and whistles than my Big Horn Level B. It’s weird starting it up and it being so quiet. 🤣🤣🤣

Not bad for a rental that cost me less than an economy vehicle. 🤷🏻‍♂️😝🤔
When is the trade in coming?! :unsure: 😂 😂

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great now i gotta go down the rabbit hole and research if the digital display cluster can be added .
That’s exactly my current thinking. It’s nice to be able to test it out for the weekend. It is pretty bad@$$ at first impression. Crisp and fresh.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know..... :unsure: 😂
Hmmmmmm

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not exactly my truck, but I’m in Stuart, FL for the long weekend visiting future In laws. So a rental is a must. I figured why not rent a Ram since I’m already familiar with them (minimal time learning the rental vehicle. Lol). I was expecting a Tradesman 6cyl or Big Horn at best. Drove away in this bad boy. Limited with Air Sus, digital display, and many more bells and whistles than my Big Horn Level B. It’s weird starting it up and it being so quiet. 🤣🤣🤣

Not bad for a rental that cost me less than an economy vehicle. 🤷🏻‍♂️😝🤔
Just realized this bad boy has Power steps. Didn’t even think about it until I nonchalantly when to get out and slide down the seat🤣. They were in store mode under settings. Now I’ve got two more upgrade's to look into. 🤔😇😝

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just realized this bad boy has Power steps. Didn’t even think about it until I nonchalantly when to get out and slide down the seat🤣. They were in store mode under settings. Now I’ve got two more upgrade's to look into. 🤔😇😝
Once you go electric, you never go back!! :cool: 😂😂

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All it took for me was one ride in my biddies Limited. I'll never have fixed boards on a truck again.
How are they in snow and ice? Do they freeze up and ever not deploy?
My fixed steps are normally iced up for 4 months of the year. One thing for sure they collect a lot of crap and constantly needs to get ice kicked off.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My fixed steps are normally iced up for 4 months of the year. One thing for sure they collect a lot of crap and constantly needs to get ice kicked off.
Three winters, so far so good. I did install mud flaps to minimize dirt build up. Every Spring, I wash and lube. But we don't have the same winters as WI.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Never had a problem in the two winters I drove my Laramie in the snow. I did consider stowing them in the up position when I thought the hinges might get frozen, so it didn't strain the motors. I never ran into conditions like that, but something to consider in the Frozen Tundra of (Lambeau Field) Wisconsin.

Insanity

Reaction score
I could have sworn I ordered a grey one to match the seat. I guess I fat fingered it and got black. No worry's about that it matches other parts if the interior.

The pukening protector.

20240517_183705.jpg

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could have sworn I ordered a grey one to match the seat. I guess I fat fingered it and got black. No worry's about that it matches other parts if the interior.

The pukening protector.

View attachment 183360

Now you need some kind of cover/shield for the back of the front seat and the door panel and you’re set. Orrrrrrrr, better yet!

IMG_0147.jpeg

Last edited:

Jako

Reaction score
It's possible if there are windows above the garage. The damage is done, but could possibly throw a webcam up to watch the way the sun hits it throughout the day and see if that might be the issue. I have seen news stories of large commercial buildings that were causing cars in the street to get similar damage from sun reflections off the windows.
Bay window in my father's house was warping neighbor's new vinyl siding, put a film on the glass. Certain times of the day you can fry your face from the reflection off the glass standing in the front of the house.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
image.jpg

OCD got the best of me.. can’t stand water spots on glass or the mirrors and some time to kill so a bit of polishing and glass coating all is well. All 5 windows except the windshield (thats for another day).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread