5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1715481840525.png
Started the Foosgear (aka, fake Goosegear) build, aka rear seat floor plate V2.
Goal is to elevate the fridge (on the passenger side) about 9 inches so I can use that space to store another case of water and other supplies for the big trip, since the vertical space above the fridge is just... dead space.
I'm also trying to figure out a way to build a "charging station" for drone batteries, camera batteries, camp lights, etc that use USB cables.

Ignore the black paint lol I painted another piece and used the floor plate as work bench since the floor plate will need to be painted anyways.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well they were supposed to get here on Monday. So I'll count the early arrival as 'magical'. 😁
damn it Amazon needs to learn from that.
my countersunk bolts for Foosgear 2.0 were supposed to be here yesterday and now they delayed till Monday.
good thing I have some left from my woodworking days but if I need more... I'm Dremeling the longer ones.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
damn it Amazon needs to learn from that.
my countersunk bolts for Foosgear 2.0 were supposed to be here yesterday and now they delayed till Monday.
good thing I have some left from my woodworking days but if I need more... I'm Dremeling the longer ones.
Quattro tires!

This is my 3rd set purchased from them and every set was delivered early. They use FedEx ground to ship. 😊

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found these on my driveway today. Now to find the time to get them mounted....

View attachment 183041 View attachment 183042
I see you’re a fan of Kumho. I’ve only ever bought their RV tires and liked them. How do you find them for quality?
I just looked them up on Quattro. Pretty good ratings in all categories! 4.7 overall! Not bad for pricing either!
IMG_0198.png

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you’re a fan of Kumho. I’ve only ever bought their RV tires and liked them. How do you find them for quality?
I just looked them up on Quattro. Pretty good ratings in all categories! 4.7 overall! Not bad for pricing either!
View attachment 183050

I took a chance with my first Kumho purchase with this truck (the AT51). It was a purely financial decision at the time - balancing the budget with the desire to have a more aggressive appearance than stock.

I am no tire connoisseur so I can't give all the ins and outs, but I have had 59,000 incident-free kilometers with this set. I have driven in rain, snow, sleet, ice, and done some mild off-roading and they've been good. If I am to be honest, I am not super confident driving on ice with these (I have been made to clench a couple o times), but I am yet to end up in the ditch.

I also remember hydroplaning once, but I guess that's what you get when the small puddle you hit at 120km/hr turns out to be a few inches deep.

I really wanted to get braggin-rights tires this time around (BFG, Duratrac, etc.), but I was able to get these 4 tires for < $1,100 to my door. I couldn't justify spending twice as much just to be able to brag....not when we just bought a new house and we're in recovery mode.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Kiuhmo tires, they are a good brand. I've ran some of their high performance tires on my Dakota R/T before.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Added kickback style flaps to the truck. After the new wheels, one muddy and rocky trip down my acreage shot up my doors.

Attachments

• IMG-20240511-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20240511-WA0013.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 98
  • PXL_20240512_230727899.jpg
    PXL_20240512_230727899.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 97

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took a chance with my first Kumho purchase with this truck (the AT51). It was a purely financial decision at the time - balancing the budget with the desire to have a more aggressive appearance than stock.

I am no tire connoisseur so I can't give all the ins and outs, but I have had 59,000 incident-free kilometers with this set. I have driven in rain, snow, sleet, ice, and done some mild off-roading and they've been good. If I am to be honest, I am not super confident driving on ice with these (I have been made to clench a couple o times), but I am yet to end up in the ditch.

I also remember hydroplaning once, but I guess that's what you get when the small puddle you hit at 120km/hr turns out to be a few inches deep.

I really wanted to get braggin-rights tires this time around (BFG, Duratrac, etc.), but I was able to get these 4 tires for < $1,100 to my door. I couldn't justify spending twice as much just to be able to brag....not when we just bought a new house and we're in recovery mode.
I’ve always said that theres not one true tire for ALL seasons. Especially where we live. That’s why I run the Michelin Denfender LTX M/S for 3 seasons and a dedicated tire for winter. I used to run Hakkapeliitta R3‘S, but due to the cost, I’m trying out the Yokohama Ice Guard G075’s. I bought an unused set off Marketplace, used them last winter and they performed well in all winter conditions. I was impressed!
I know that it costs more to run two sets, but both sets don’t get continuous use so the trade off is I’m not buying tires as often. I usually get about 3 years use out of each set and sell them on Marketplace for a few bucks to someone to use for another season. I find that as tires wear to a point, that they lose performance in at least one key category like hydroplaning or ice grip and I buy new instead of running them to their end of use.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve always said that theres not one true tire for ALL seasons. Especially where we live. That’s why I run the Michelin Denfender LTX M/S for 3 seasons and a dedicated tire for winter. I used to run Hakkapeliitta R3‘S, but due to the cost, I’m trying out the Yokohama Ice Guard G075’s. I bought an unused set off Marketplace, used them last winter and they performed well in all winter conditions. I was impressed!
I know that it costs more to run two sets, but both sets don’t get continuous use so the trade off is I’m not buying tires as often. I usually get about 3 years use out of each set and sell them on Marketplace for a few bucks to someone to use for another season. I find that as tires wear to a point, that they lose performance in at least one key category like hydroplaning or ice grip and I buy new instead of running them to their end of use.
I fully intend to get a dedicated set of winters in the fall.

I've learned.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All depends on where you live. The winters in the Midwest aren't bad enough to need dedicated snow tires on a 4wd/AWD platform. A good set of A/T or all-seasons with a snow rating will get you anywhere you need to go. Now if you live in the upper Midwest, like North Dakota or Michigan, or Canada/Alaska, I can see using dedicated snow/ice tires in winter.

Users who are viewing this thread