5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New beefed up front axles, front bilstein 5100 on clip 6, bilstein 5100 rear shocks and rear dual rate bilstein lift springs, powerstop brake kits front and rear, ppe trans pan and service. RC upper control arms. It was not a cheap day!
Looks good! My last grille was Westin on my 4th Gen. Trakmotive axles?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WHAT BRAKE KIT DID U GET? ANY NOTICEABLE ADVANTAGES OFF THE BAT ? I NEED TO GET NEW ROTORS SOON AND CHANGE THE PADS AND SEEN A REVIEW ON POWERSTOP KIT BUT I MIGHT JUST GET HAWK PADS AND OEM ROTORS
Look at the Z36 Pads from Powerstop, also I would upgrade the front brakelines with SS while doing brakes and flush the system. Wilwood makes the brakelines.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Had a 2 stage buff job done at my local detailer in preparation for a ceramic coat.
Looks like a different shade of blue now. Fantastic look, but still some orange peel visible. Factory paint - what can you do ?
Bad news - they found some paint bubbling on a door edge, so ill have to get a dealer to look at it
:(

E.Hands

Reaction score
Had a 2 stage buff job done at my local detailer in preparation for a ceramic coat.
Looks like a different shade of blue now. Fantastic look, but still some orange peel visible. Factory paint - what can you do ?
Bad news - they found some paint bubbling on a door edge, so ill have to get a dealer to look at it
Worthless.gif

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Yeah yeah i know :)
Not sure what an amateurs photo will show, other than a blue truck, but i took one anyway. I took several of the bubbling paint area, but nothings visible in the pic. Ill try later when i can pull it inside the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_4011.jpg
    IMG_4011.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 63

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are the axles from?

Ill get back to you on the axle brand/part. They are upgraded, thicker shafts, and bigger CV joints. They are designed for severe duty and lifted applications. My oems were in bad shape. They were cracked, rusted, and loose on the splines. Shop that did the work recommended that I do them, especially with the lift. Glad I did, i have a video of how loose the old ones were, real bad shape.

Looks like TrakMotive axles. I just got my driver side replaced with that. Hopefully will soon do my passenger side to match 😅

They are designed for lifted applications too.

cerbo

Reaction score
Orange peel is pretty normal from a production paint process. What can be done would not be worth it for a non show car . It could be wet sanded and re polished , but it might not be worth the risk (of burning thru too much clear) and the cost. I see the orange peel n my 24 but it doesn t bother me at all. This comes from someone who has spent days and weeks polishing Porsche paint to near perfection. I wouldn't be too concerned on a daily driven truck. Now the paint bubbles , we d have to see closeup pics.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like TrakMotive axles. I just got my driver side replaced with that. Hopefully will soon do my passenger side to match 😅

They are designed for lifted applications too.
Are the 4th Gen ones compatible with 5th gens? I can't find any cross reference for 5th gens.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the part number, @HSKR R/T…

Add in 76.00 in shipping to my location from Rock Auto and it is no longer a cheap part.

Anyone with experience with GSP CV’s? I found the same type, extended 0-4 inches of lift for 138.99 each and $10 shipping from parts geek. Looking at 288.00 shipped!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate the part number, @HSKR R/T…

Add in 76.00 in shipping to my location from Rock Auto and it is no longer a cheap part.

Anyone with experience with GSP CV’s? I found the same type, extended 0-4 inches of lift for 138.99 each and $10 shipping from parts geek. Looking at 288.00 shipped!
Damn, where do you live that they rape you that much in shipping? Was only $20 shipping for me

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He is in HI.
That is correct. Only one of two ways it’s getting to me…in a plane, or on a boat, either way costs some coin, and that’s IF they actually ship out here.
So, I’ll some times ship stuff to my stepdaughter in Nevada, and have her ship it to me, which has been economical for me, mainly because she’ll pay the shipping, and I’ll send her money for the grandkids.
And Amazon Prime…that’s a must have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/