5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No pics but stopped by my storage unit grabbed and installed 33g skid plate there. Was actually the first part I purchased to start going down the swap rabbit hole. I’m missing the 3rd strap and after thinking about it plenty of trucks came from the factory with the bigger tank and only two straps so I’ll be okay. Plenty stout even with 30 gallons in the tank. With the added skid plate and added crossmember eventually once it shows up for added protection.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After dealing with some issues at discount tires my wheels and tires are now installed! Setup is as follows: fuel rebel rims 20x9 with 1 offset. Toyo AT3 tires 305/55/20.

Before:
IMG_4999.jpeg

After:
IMG_5006.jpeg
IMG_5008.jpeg IMG_5003.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5003.jpeg
    IMG_5003.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 25

Hackmunch

Reaction score
Yeah the guy won't install it but I have a plan B. Going to buy the kit $238.50 out the door (seems high) and see if another guy will put it on, if not I'm sure I can handle it.
it will drone at 1500 rpm, just a fyi.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! Curious what the issues was at discount?
Well, I was sitting at the counter watching them work and everything went fine with removing the stock wheels and such. Then I notice they throw my old rim on the tire change machine and start mounting the new tires on the old rims with my new rims still sitting in the bed of my truck. Thankfully I was watching otherwise I would've came to pick it up and had new tires on my stock rims. They did credit me the cost of the mounting and balancing which was appreciated though.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I deleted my muffler and both resonators with absolutely no drone. My truck sounds like an absolute beast. I’ve even had people asking how I got that sound. Cost me 300 bucks to remove them and replace with a pipe. Best 300 bucks ever spent I highly recommend this you won’t regret. I look forward to starting my Ram for work every morning 😂
I have gone back and forth on removing my resinators, I did the muffler delete 2 days after purchase and I have been pretty happy, no drone and overall good sound. There are days I want just a bit more sound :devilish:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I was sitting at the counter watching them work and everything went fine with removing the stock wheels and such. Then I notice they throw my old rim on the tire change machine and start mounting the new tires on the old rims with my new rims still sitting in the bed of my truck. Thankfully I was watching otherwise I would've came to pick it up and had new tires on my stock rims. They did credit me the cost of the mounting and balancing which was appreciated though.
I think you're confusing 'issue' with 'blessing' in this situation.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dam sounds like a win win!

I know I look like a man Karen but I don’t care I usually sit at the window and watch them. ;)

SouthFlo

Reaction score
I have gone back and forth on removing my resinators, I did the muffler delete 2 days after purchase and I have been pretty happy, no drone and overall good sound. There are days I want just a bit more sound :devilish:
I’m telling you , delete the resonators. I promise you will continue to have no drone AND it will sound sick AF. You’ll only regret not having it done sooner !

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dam sounds like a win win!

I know I look like a man Karen but I don’t care I usually sit at the window and watch them. ;)
Yeah, I was able to get a seat at the window and was working while I waited and my truck happened to be in the bay closest to me so I was able to watch everything.

Egret

Reaction score
Got a LineX spray-in bed liner installed in my new build (factory order) this morning. Before and After.
Went with the Standard rather than the Premium. Although the Premium was only $100 more for the UV protection, the samples felt like they were slippery and I didn't particularly like the shine.

I figure the Standard will holdup well... we'll see, and I expect I'll have the tonneau cover on a lot of the time, so that should help it not fade in the UV.

IMG_0474.jpg IMG_0477.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread