5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the guy won't install it but I have a plan B. Going to buy the kit $238.50 out the door (seems high) and see if another guy will put it on, if not I'm sure I can handle it.
Hmmm…I wonder why? My guy just cut out the stock muffler and welded in a new stainless pipe.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the guy won't install it but I have a plan B. Going to buy the kit $238.50 out the door (seems high) and see if another guy will put it on, if not I'm sure I can handle it.
This is what I did and recommended. It was $148 shipped. Took 2 days. One quick cut and some fumbling with rubber hangers...

The instructions tell you to remove the exhaust. Not sure why. Absolutely no need.

M3forged

Reaction score
Yeah 2 mechanics I talked to so far are telling me it will be ungodly loud but nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll post with thoughts on the sound in a couple hours. They won't do it due to NY laws.

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah 2 mechanics I talked to so far are telling me it will be ungodly loud but nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll post with thoughts on the sound in a couple hours. They won't do it due to NY laws.
Back before cats and resonators, yes, it would be, but with cats and resonators it's a very mild change.

My Plymouth has true duals with Flowmaster 40's dumped in front of the axle. Some days I love it. Some days it's obnoxious, and some day I'll fix it, but my wife and kids don't really like riding in it. My kids haven't even commented that anything changed on the Rebel. My wife said it was noticeable, but not much change.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back before cats and resonators, yes, it would be, but with cats and resonators it's a very mild change.

My Plymouth has true duals with Flowmaster 40's dumped in front of the axle. Some days I love it. Some days it's obnoxious, and some day I'll fix it, but my wife and kids don't really like riding in it. My kids haven't even commented that anything changed on the Rebel. My wife said it was noticeable, but not much change.
My 66 D100 with the Poly 318 amhas true dual 2.25", headers, and Coffin mufflers and it's not loud at all. I'm very disappointed in the sound level from it. I know the mufflers can be loud as I've heard them in other vehicles.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did a lot this weekend! I got my topographical vinyl wrap done over all the faux wood (all four doors, back of the center console, and top of Infotainment system). Also, got the suede put in over the awful gold/tan color (sides of the center console and side of the infotainment system). Very time consuming but to me looks so much better now.
The suede upgrade is really tasteful!

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing fun. Added a h8 battery and Mopar battery cover.
266dc5550e2f9a84cabfa8ee501a1061.jpg

Noticed last few months the system would always charge the 12v. Truck started fine. no signs of a weak battery just noticed it was always charging the 12v. Pulled the meter out and checked the dash gauge . 11.3v after sitting few days. But started right up. Went and picked up a h8 and order the Mopar battery cover. System now it operating like it used to. Truck sat for 4 days voltage only dropped to 12.2 from 12.6
Nic! I will be doing the same upgrade when my current battery takes a dump. Almost 4 years and its still strong....seems to be defying the odds :ROFLMAO:

M3forged

Reaction score
So my initial honeymoon thoughts on the muffler delete is that it's awesome. It's without a doubt NOT too loud and makes the truck sound like a truck.

To me it's that perfect throaty growl. Idle sounds great, normal not horsing on the pedal sounds great and stomping on it sounds great and will turn heads. When MDS comes on there's a noticeable change in sound that I'm not a fan of but it's far from a deal breaker. It's not bothersome enough to restrict the gears to 8th either. Cruising at 65-70 is barely noticeable in the cab and with the radio just half way up I don't hear it at all.

As far as drone goes I can't say either way if there is or isn't one. I'm not familiar enough with what it sounds like.

So all in all it was $390 and well worth it. I was looking at the Borla S type, so it appears I just saved myself $1000. I am curious how the S type or Atak compares, but honestly I don't see a need after the delete.

I'm coming from an 04 F150 that had a solo performance system (Can't remember what parts specifically) and that was quieter than this with not nearly as deep a sound and got annoying on the highway at 65-70. I get it's a completely different truck but that's all I have to compare to. Here's a couple pics of the finished job.

20240402_104431.jpg 20240402_104536.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my initial honeymoon thoughts on the muffler delete is that it's awesome. It's without a doubt NOT too loud and makes the truck sound like a truck.

To me it's that perfect throaty growl. Idle sounds great, normal not horsing on the pedal sounds great and stomping on it sounds great and will turn heads. When MDS comes on there's a noticeable change in sound that I'm not a fan of but it's far from a deal breaker. It's not bothersome enough to restrict the gears to 8th either. Cruising at 65-70 is barely noticeable in the cab and with the radio just half way up I don't hear it at all.

As far as drone goes I can't say either way if there is or isn't one. I'm not familiar enough with what it sounds like.

So all in all it was $390 and well worth it. I was looking at the Borla S type, so it appears I just saved myself $1000. I am curious how the S type or Atak compares, but honestly I don't see a need after the delete.

I'm coming from an 04 F150 that had a solo performance system (Can't remember what parts specifically) and that was quieter than this with not nearly as deep a sound and got annoying on the highway at 65-70. I get it's a completely different truck but that's all I have to compare to. Here's a couple pics of the finished job.

View attachment 180266 View attachment 180267
$390? I mean, any decent exhaust shop could have done the same thing for at least half the cost. I never understood why people would pay so much for so little.

M3forged

Reaction score
I agree it should have been cheaper but what shouldn't be these days? It is what it is. I don't know a guy who knows a guy that gives breaks on rates. If you read back through previous posts I had to buy the parts at one place and pay another guy to do the work. The first place is known for great parts but expensive. I disagree with your opinion that I paid for so little. To a guy that wants his truck to sound like a truck $390 isn't breaking any banks. In this area just having a oem muffler replaced is $400+ and a solo performance kit is $400. For the same price I got the sound I was looking for and I won't be spending $1300 on the Borla.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree it should have been cheaper but what shouldn't be these days? It is what it is. I don't know a guy who knows a guy that gives breaks on rates. If you read back through previous posts I had to buy the parts at one place and pay another guy to do the work. The first place is known for great parts but expensive. I disagree with your opinion that I paid for so little. To a guy that wants his truck to sound like a truck $390 isn't breaking any banks. In this area just having a oem muffler replaced is $400+ and a solo performance kit is $400. For the same price I got the sound I was looking for and I won't be spending $1300 on the Borla.
Your local exhaust shops must be rolling in money if they charge that much. I had an entire custom bent and welded dual exhaust for my 1966 D100 done at my local preferred shop, which isn't even the cheapest place, for less than $400. I did provide the mufflers, so add in $200 for the mufflers I bought.

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I have a Borla muffler only replaced and thinking about deleting front resonator and maybe rears. Just don’t want drone!
If you delete the muffler and the 2 rear resonators I can promise you you will have no drone. (My 2024 doesn’t have a front resonator so I wouldn’t know about that one)

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Hmmm…I wonder why? My guy just cut out the stock muffler and welded in a new stainless pipe.
I deleted my muffler and both resonators with absolutely no drone. My truck sounds like an absolute beast. I’ve even had people asking how I got that sound. Cost me 300 bucks to remove them and replace with a pipe. Best 300 bucks ever spent I highly recommend this you won’t regret. I look forward to starting my Ram for work every morning 😂

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I deleted my muffler and both resonators with absolutely no drone. My truck sounds like an absolute beast. I’ve even had people asking how I got that sound. Cost me 300 bucks to remove them and replace with a pipe. Best 300 bucks ever spent I highly recommend this you won’t regret. I look forward to starting my Ram for work every morning 😂
I also look forward to starting my truck every morning. My neighbors on the other hand…🤣

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can we get a sounds clip from some one maybe some fly by’s I need to hear this to help me decorate if I want to plug the trigger

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Can we get a sounds clip from some one maybe some fly by’s I need to hear this to help me decorate if I want to plug the trigger
Definitely, I’ll see in my days off I could I wanna do it on a cold start but also remember video don’t do justice. It’s completely different in person

I had a magnaflow muffler for 5 months because I was afraid it would be too obnoxious, too much drone, etc. but it wasn’t until i actually did I realized how awesome it was and I wasted time and Money on a magnaflow lol

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely, I’ll see in my days off I could I wanna do it on a cold start but also remember video don’t do justice. It’s completely different in person

I had a magnaflow muffler for 5 months because I was afraid it would be too obnoxious, too much drone, etc. but it wasn’t until i actually did I realized how awesome it was and I wasted time and Money on a magnaflow lol
Yeah, I couldn't tell a difference in any exhaust system through YouTube videos... 😕

Users who are viewing this thread