5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BigGsc

Reaction score
Oh crap! That’s scary. Have you had any brake work done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Garage Sale is OPEN!!!!

Heads up, I posted some of my parts for sale in the For Sale Thread. Trying to ship everything I can out in the next few days. Prices listed are SHIPPED to lower 48.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my interior carpet dried out and put back in place. Did a full vacuum and interior wipe down from the mess my mouth breathers, I mean kids, have caused. Ran it through the car wash quick to see if it would leak. No leaks yet 🤞 . Picked up a filter and some oil to do a change this week. And now hopefully I can give it a much needed hand wash, correction, and seal. Unlike you sickos on here that enjoy cleaning their trucks, I absolutely do not. I'll get it washed, then work 1 or 2 panels a night till I get it done.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the lower control arm replaced 2 months ago. I'm heading to that shop to give them an earful tomorrow.

The lower bolt was loose as well.

Wow!!! The torque value on those is very low, but not low enough for them to vibrate loose and fall out. That‘s crazy. Hopefully they will do the right thing and replace the caliper, pads, rotor, all hardware, and the wheel. They should pay to have it towed back to their shop as well. Even if you stuck another pin in there temporarily it would not be safe to drive.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow!!! The torque value on those is very low, but not low enough for them to vibrate loose and fall out. That‘s crazy. Hopefully they will do the right thing and replace the caliper, pads, rotor, all hardware, and the wheel. They should pay to have it towed back to their shop as well. Even if you stuck another pin in there temporarily it would not be safe to drive.
My one neighbour is a mechanic and he just happened to have the kit that was needed for the assembly. So we were able to get everything bolted up after all.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Heads up, I posted some of my parts for sale in the For Sale Thread. Trying to ship everything I can out in the next few days. Prices listed are SHIPPED to lower 48.

I know this isn't a Ferd forum and you might catch :poop: from some of the Mopar diehards, but post up pics of your new Raptor after you pick it up.

Your videos and write ups have certainly been helpful to the 5th Gen Ram community. The Raptor guys are definitely going to benefit from your upcoming projects.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Good bye Hemi Tick.

Hello Cam Phaser rattle.

Either way, same oil debates online.

Looking forward to hearing more.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good bye Hemi Tick.

Hello Cam Phaser rattle.

Either way, same oil debates online.

Looking forward to hearing more.
can confirm cam phaser lol
friend's second gen just went into the shop for THIRD (including the one that came with the truck originally) cam phaser.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So last week I did the FitCamX but didn't wire up the rear because the rear cam cable is not long enough to go all the way to the back of my camper.
Installing it on the rear glass inside the cab is just straight up dumb for my use because... ding ding ding! the camper's in the way.

I contacted FitCamX for the spec of the rear cam extension cable, but they gave me the runaround. First, the rep said because I have the 2K front version, there's no cable that works (I didn't read the description properly when I ordered... should've got the 4K one but oh wells). Then, the rep said he/ she checked and 2 5 meter cables would work instead of the 20ft cable that I wanted to order from their site.

I responded by saying that this truck sees a lot of dirt miles and offroad use, so extending 2 5meter cables is something I am not going to do. I am running the cable along the frame UNDER the truck, so having connectors that are not waterproof or not locked is not going to work. I then asked the rear cams on both 2K and 4K models are both 1080P and use the same camera, so what's the difference?

Rep couldn't answer that, gave me the same response: 2k front will only work with 2x 5m cables. I thought about responding to the email in Chinese (which I am fluent in... i spent my first 18 years of my life speaking the language living in Taiwan) so the rep can better understand my needs and questions, because I had the feeling that dude/ dudette wasn't understanding me properly (or I wasn't understanding properly) and there's some sort of communication barrier.

So I thought about it for 2 minutes and decided to just tell them to cancel my order and I'd probably have better luck and get my cable faster if I just get it from Amazon... both are made in China but at least with Amazon I can get it in my hands in 2 days instead of waiting for a week for them to send from West Taiwan. All I had to do was to find a caliper and get the measurement for the male and female 4 pin cable (6mm and 4.40/ 4.45mm... both worked). Reason I have both 4.40 and 4.45mm is because I had one extra 10ft cable that's 6mm + 4.40mm, and I ordered a 16ft one that's 6mm + 4.45mm.

So, I ended up using 3 extension cables:
1. The FitCam included one to go from the front to the footwell.
2. The 16ft one (Amazon.com) to go from the footwell through firewall to the front of the cab, up the hole by the front tie down.
3. The 10ft one (Amazon.com) go from the front tie down follow the bed rail, up the rear GFC post, to the camera mounted on the rear window.

So, it took about 26ft of cable to get this working properly. Routing the cable was easy, since I already have harnesses that I made going to the camper already. Running the cable through the firewall took most of my time, because I already have a big bundle going through the firewall for my Switch Pro, HAM radio, and in-cab power supply, and I didn't want to make the whole on the firewall any bigger (I could, but I didn't want to so I don't have to do additional waterproofing).

Front 2K cam:
1710784402021.png

Rear cam, mounted on camper. I think I cleaned the glass already at this point.
Had to wear safety goggle because... i hate dirt falling into my eyes when I was under the truck. Had to wear head lamp because... I couldn't see when I was under the truck.
1710786192457.png
Camera from outside view. I don't know why there's a bubble but I wasn't about to remove it and redo it. I'll get some 3M VHB on it when it falls off.
1710786340436.png
Camera view from inside the camper.
1710786404681.png

I thought about getting the front cam only version, but decided that it'd be better if I have the rear too. Very glad I got it to work... the only question is... how long will these China cable last under the truck lol

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I have a topper and for that reason I haven't order the camera yet.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I have a topper and for that reason I haven't order the camera yet.
any time!
you can probably run the original one through the firewall and have the connector somewhere under if you don't wheel as hard or don't see that much dirt to save $10 lol
i have a huge bundle of the included one in the footwell lol

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL i have no need to lie sir. ill post a pick of the dash i sent to my friend to rub it in he's getting 14 with a regular cab short bed 2013. i know this can be faked but i promise you it's true. I-85 north heading to greensboro nc.
I can fake it too :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• PXL_20220529_140253117.jpg
    PXL_20220529_140253117.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 80

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not what I did to the rig but me and the family came out to Tempe, AZ for a little vacay and I hit some fun little trails on hwy 260 (I think) beautiful state when you hit the mountains. Also drove through 3 separate snow storms on our way through which made the land scape even more beautiful!

Going to get out and explore today some more!
IMG_7514.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg
IMG_7503.jpeg
IMG_7485.jpeg
IMG_7464.jpeg
IMG_7466.jpeg

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not what I did to the rig but me and the family came out to Tempe, AZ for a little vacay and I hit some fun little trails on hwy 260 (I think) beautiful state when you hit the mountains. Also drove through 3 separate snow storms on our way through which made the land scape even more beautiful!

Going to get out and explore today some more!
wait till you get to flagstaff area!

tempe you're close to scottsdale.... the beverly hills of AZ lol and also close to Chandler, the chinatown of PHX as i like to call it lol

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wait till you get to flagstaff area!

tempe you're close to scottsdale.... the beverly hills of AZ lol and also close to Chandler, the chinatown of PHX as i like to call it lol
I plan on making a day trip and heading to flag staff.

I’ll say a limiteds air suspension does not like the terrain out here I got a warning on the dash for the air and decided to take a break and let it rest 😂

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well today, in preparation for my big trip that's still under planning stage, I took the last Wildpeak AT3W in 35x12.5R18 that I could put my hands on. It will be spare tire for my spare tire, so later down the line i'll need to get a matching wheel.

i could order an AT4W for the same price but I don't want to replace all at3w when they only had about 10k miles on them lol

Users who are viewing this thread