5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my back up camera today. I bought a non-OEM one from eBay (Rear View Backup Parking Aid Camera For 2019 2020 2021 Ram 1500 5.7L 68414414AA | eBay), and I was nervous about the quality and if it would have the backup guide lines, because I’m not sure if the camera has any to do with those. I used this tutorial which was great and I had it done in about 20 minutes:
. The guy in the tutorial even mentioned that he was replacing his for a 3rd time because the one he had didn’t show the backup guide lines, even though it’s controlled by the radio panel.

JRD

Reaction score
Got my new wheels/tires mounted today! Now onto trimming the liners. FYI for those trimming liners, don’t believe the truck on. “Power Steering Overheating” is what I got now I need to let the truck cool down before I can finish

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 77

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The filter would have to be submerged fully in order to suck in enough water to cause an issue.
That's not hard to imagine in a drive through car wash. Those high pressure nozzles will get enough water in there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's not hard to imagine in a drive through car wash. Those high pressure nozzles will get enough water in there.
No they wouldn't. Unless the air box is sealed. Which they aren't. Plus with the angle of the pipe on his K&N, would have to suck the water uphill. So just a wet filter ain't going to do it

Kulreign50

Reaction score
Got my new wheels/tires mounted today! Now onto trimming the liners. FYI for those trimming liners, don’t believe the truck on. “Power Steering Overheating” is what I got now I need to let the truck cool down before I can finish
Do you think it has anything to do with the weight of the new wheel/tire combo?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 179089 Made my ram air vents functional but cutting the bottom of them. I do hear the intake suck in much more air now than before actually. Not fully sure about power gains but still at least happy intake sounds better
Does that passenger side cutout line up over your air box? It appears it would fall outside of the gasket on the box.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does that passenger side cutout line up over your air box? It appears it would fall outside of the gasket on the box.
Not that it really matters, because the vents are shaped to pull air out of the engine bay, not suck in.

JRD

Reaction score
Do you think it has anything to do with the weight of the new wheel/tire combo?
Not sure to be honest, I know of many people running this set up so I’d think someone would’ve mentioned it but not sure. I thought it was because I did it on my driving and constantly pulling the wheel back and forth over the concrete and it’s not just easily going if that makes sense. I’m going to trim again today but turn the truck off in between and see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread