5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some have claimed the pano roof will hold heat and explode so I left mine alone for this reason. Plus a few shops in AZ won't do them for this reason.
I've had my panoramic sunroof tinted for over three years without issue. Nobody really knows the real reason why some people's sunroof explode, or even back windows or tht matter

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my panoramic sunroof tinted for over three years without issue. Nobody really knows the real reason why some people's sunroof explode, or even back windows or tht matter
I might look into getting mine done then, especially since I'm not in Az now.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score

I'm in NJ so it doesn't get quite as hot. Do you notice it cuts down on the light a lot? I love the pano roof but always keep the shade closed because I get crazy glare in the cab.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in NJ so it doesn't get quite as hot. Do you notice it cuts down on the light a lot? I love the pano roof but always keep the shade closed because I get crazy glare in the cab.
Probably would depend what shade you go. If I do it, I'll go 5%.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did 20% film over it, which is already about 20% from factory. So should be around 5% total. Yeah it obviously cuts down on the light coming in. I rarely shut my shade. I did a couple weeks ago just to make sure it still worked.

Only glare that ever bothered me was the 12" radio displa, which I added a matte screen protector, and all but eliminated that

E.Hands

Reaction score
Some have claimed the pano roof will hold heat and explode so I left mine alone for this reason. Plus a few shops in AZ won't do them for this reason.
I have had mine with the 5% Black Pearl Madico ceramic since 2019 in the deep south with no problems. This truck has never been garaged.
Once I put the ceramic tint on I've never found the need to close the shade either!

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mod #5 is some sill protection I made from some cheap stuff off of Amazon. I wasn’t too thrilled about the options I’ve seen so I went my own way. I’m not sure if I’ll keep them or not. I guess I’ll see how they hold up. It’s some cheap carbon fiber style of thick tape. Nothing special.

View attachment 178226

View attachment 178227
i got these first too and when the tore and peeled which wasnt too long after installation, i when and got the redhound auto ones... still on to this day, no issues, better quality. if you end up hating these, i can post a link.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did first oil change and installed Fumoto valve. Oil was a year and 3 months old 3,708 miles. Before you chastise me for goig so long the truck was in storage for last 4 months. Awaiting lab results from Blackstone. Pac Brake filter relocation kit next year. 20240229_125655.jpg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did first oil change and installed Fumoto valve. Oil was a year and 3 months old 3,708 miles. Before you chastise me for goig so long the truck was in storage for last 4 months. Awaiting lab results from Blackstone. Pac Brake filter relocation kit next year. View attachment 178578

It's not us that you have to worry about. You might be giving Stellantis a reason to deny a warranty claim by exceeding a mandatory oil change interval.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not us that you have to worry about. You might be giving Stellantis a reason to deny a warranty claim by exceeding a mandatory oil change interval.
Dude better not break a lug nut, cuz that missed oil change is sure to come up.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welp she is just as clean as when she left. Although pulling the trailer to Florida and back doing 80 killed my mpg. Which is crazy, because when I had my other bike in the bed sound the same speeds I averaged 21.8 mpg

Attachments

• IMG_6446.jpeg
    IMG_6446.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6379.jpeg
    IMG_6379.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6170.jpeg
    IMG_6170.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6450.jpeg
    IMG_6450.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 75

Insanity

Reaction score
i got these first too and when the tore and peeled which wasnt too long after installation, i when and got the redhound auto ones... still on to this day, no issues, better quality. if you end up hating these, i can post a link.

I like mt RH guards have had then closing in on a year and really does make a difference.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp she is just as clean as when she left. Although pulling the trailer to Florida and back doing 80 killed my mpg. Which is crazy, because when I had my other bike in the bed sound the same speeds I averaged 21.8 mpg
I am growing to dislike you more and more with each picture u share. 🤣🤣

Those are some beautiful bikes right there man!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking to the guy that sold me my Rebel not too long ago about the exhaust on the GT models. Neither of us had ever heard one in person. I just got this image followed by a short startup video, saying it sounds pretty sweet. 😬

Now I really want to do some exhaust work, but just got the cab on my C10 ready to move to the new frame and found more rust... like I knew I would.

View attachment 178490
As a current G/T owner i love it, and am glad i picked that pkg. And i am curious to hear what a Hurricane G/T is gonna sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread