5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or are the TRX, Raptor's and my Rebel fake over the road semi's? Really begs to wonder.

Maybe I should get an air brake kit and a air horn? lol
that would be a question to ask Ram and Ford. they come with those because they are required to get permission to be sold to the market.
but the rebel... as a rebel owner, yes it's fake over the road semis.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was talking to the guy that sold me my Rebel not too long ago about the exhaust on the GT models. Neither of us had ever heard one in person. I just got this image followed by a short startup video, saying it sounds pretty sweet. 😬

Now I really want to do some exhaust work, but just got the cab on my C10 ready to move to the new frame and found more rust... like I knew I would.

IMG_20240305_132633.jpg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just do a simple muffler swap to save money and get some noise.
I'm tempted to do a delete. Then if it's too much I can just cut and play with mufflers. I'm just really picky and ALL online video clips sound the same to me...

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Magnaflow is what I've always went with, but I found a new in the box Carven catback w/ black tips for $500 and sounds great!!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm tempted to do a delete. Then if it's too much I can just cut and play with mufflers. I'm just really picky and ALL online video clips sound the same to me...
I did the delete at the suggestion of a reputable exhaust place in my area. I couldn’t be happier. I kept the resonators so it’s not over bearing and I don’t have noticeable drone. The shop used quality pipe as well and It was ~$120 out the door and that includes throwing the guy an extra twenty.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
I did the delete at the suggestion of a reputable exhaust place in my area. I couldn’t be happier. I kept the resonators so it’s not over bearing and I don’t have noticeable drone. The shop used quality pipe as well and It was ~$120 out the door and that includes throwing the guy an extra twenty.
is it loud in the cab when driving on the freeway?

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Downside is, the edge of seat will get worn down from sliding out of truck you'll notice.
Yep. I'm 5'8" and the ol lady is 5' on a good day. Steps on a truck with 35's was a must for both of us ha. Honestly, I slide more in and out of the seat in her new Grand Cherokee L though since it sits fairly high and has no steps.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is it loud in the cab when driving on the freeway?
It is not. But it rumbles nicely with WOT. Mild around town when driving. It’s the sweet spot IMO of a deep, throaty sound without being annoying or overkill. I was hesitant at first as well but my exhaust guy said he can always weld in a muffler if I don’t like it. So I figured I’d give it a shot and I don’t regret it at all. ~6 months and still love it.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. I'm 5'8" and the ol lady is 5' on a good day. Steps on a truck with 35's was a must for both of us ha. Honestly, I slide more in and out of the seat in her new Grand Cherokee L though since it sits fairly high and has no steps.
My 14 JGC was the same when I had the lift and 33's on it. Luckily, I have the OEM electric steps now, so when I put my 3" and 35's it won't be an issue.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 14 JGC was the same when I had the lift and 33's on it. Luckily, I have the OEM electric steps now, so when I put my 3" and 35's it won't be an issue.
I'd love a set of electric steps for my truck, but the amount of salt and slush we drive through around here concerns me, especially for the price.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd love a set of electric steps for my truck, but the amount of salt and slush we drive through around here concerns me, especially for the price.
I'm in IL, near Chicago and my truck has been in IL all it's life. Of course our winters don't seem as bad as they used to. I always worried, but after having I wouldn't change a thing. Clean and Lube.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
that would be a question to ask Ram and Ford. they come with those because they are required to get permission to be sold to the market.
but the rebel... as a rebel owner, yes it's fake over the road semis.

In all seriousness, if you read the federal regulations, it's 80". Here's an interpretation:

Any vehicle over 80". Unless they aren't counting fender flares, our trucks are over 80" wide. They are listed as 82.1" overall body width. Not sure how Ram got away with only having to put them on the TRX.

Unless "nominal width" doesn't include the fender flares.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer this morning, to get exhaust manifolds, and fuel filling issue looked at. Got the call about 3:45, passenger side exhaust manifold cracked. New one will be here tomorrow, covered under powertrain warranty. Fueling issue is the vapor canister. Not covered under emissions warranty, $620 to have dealer fix it. No thanks I will fix that myself.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In all seriousness, if you read the federal regulations, it's 80". Here's an interpretation:

Any vehicle over 80". Unless they aren't counting fender flares, our trucks are over 80" wide. They are listed as 82.1" overall body width. Not sure how Ram got away with only having to put them on the TRX.

Unless "nominal width" doesn't include the fender flares.
dunno how Ram got away with it but DOT did approve the design.

technically my LP6 backlights are also "identification lights" (which is why i left the backlights fed by key-on ignition) but at least it doesn't look like i took it off a raptor.

anyways your truck do whatever makes you happy lol

Hackmunch

Reaction score
It is not. But it rumbles nicely with WOT. Mild around town when driving. It’s the sweet spot IMO of a deep, throaty sound without being annoying or overkill. I was hesitant at first as well but my exhaust guy said he can always weld in a muffler if I don’t like it. So I figured I’d give it a shot and I don’t regret it at all. ~6 months and still love it.
ok cool. i put the corsa cat back on my wifes hemi jgc and its loud lol. cold starts i wake the neighbors lol. i just want to make sure thats not how it is on the ram.

Users who are viewing this thread