5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
No ;):ROFLMAO:, but his examples are not comparing apples to oranges. He's pulling sh*t out of his A$$ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This is interesting. There is a legal reason why the Raptor's and TRX have them:

The 2024 Raptor is 86.6" wide
The 2024 TRX is 88" wide
The 2019 Ram Rebel is 82.1" wide

I don't know if that article is true or not.

Either way I could care less lol. I like the look. Would have been less work replacing 1 of 3, instead of 5, when they burn out.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
No ;):ROFLMAO:, but his examples are not comparing apples to oranges. He's pulling sh*t out of his A$$ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And yes, it's different if you put a TRX badge on a regular Rebel. Or an M badge on a non-M BMW. If we're playing that game, putting ID lights on a TRX or a Raptor is like putting a "Peterbilt" badge on or "Mack" Bulldog on the hood lol.

Last edited:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is interesting. There is a legal reason why the Raptor's and TRX have them:

The 2024 Raptor is 86.6" wide
The 2024 TRX is 88" wide
The 2019 Ram Rebel is 82.1" wide

I don't know if that article is true or not.

Either way I could care less lol. I like the look. Would have been less work replacing 1 of 3, instead of 5, when they burn out.
Anything wider than 80” it says….my Big Horn is 82.1” (actually a tick wider now with the slight tire poke) wide so I’m just making sure I’m within the confines of the law. 🤔😉🤣

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it OK to just like the look of the grill lights? lol
i mean yeah its your truck do what you please but i'm the last guy to ask for that anyone who asks me i just tell them to get a Raptor or a TRX lol
i just did a 4runner SR5 to TRD Pro front and rear end conversion for a customer and the whole time I called it a "fake TRD Pro with fake raptor lights" :ROFLMAO:

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
Welp the factory battery died today. Left me stuck at my uncle's place lol. He gave me a jump and I got a Duralast Gold replacement.

RAMMER69

Reaction score
Not "today", but over the past week: debadged it, detailed it, polished and sealed the paint, installed a Bedrug and a Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau cover.

Monday she goes in for a clear bra and ceramic window tint (all windows).
Let’s see a pic!

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
Thats a damn good run!! Most only make about 2 years lol

Mine made it a little less than 2 years, got a Duralast and that one pooped the bed too. Luckily, it was before warranty and got a new one fo' free.
I was surprised it was the original. At least now I know what I've got and how long the warranty/ expected life left is.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Uh oh. Here come the grill light police lol.

Looks great. The lack of boards with the bumper and wheels just works on your truck. Beautiful.
Yeah, I feel mine looks like it has an overbite because of the running boards, but they get used due to lift, and not wanting to spend $1000 on retractable ones right now.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
i mean yeah its your truck do what you please but i'm the last guy to ask for that anyone who asks me i just tell them to get a Raptor or a TRX lol
i just did a 4runner SR5 to TRD Pro front and rear end conversion for a customer and the whole time I called it a "fake TRD Pro with fake raptor lights" :ROFLMAO:

Or are the TRX, Raptor's and my Rebel fake over the road semi's? Really begs to wonder.

Maybe I should get an air brake kit and a air horn? lol

Davidbt

Reaction score
I was surprised it was the original. At least now I know what I've got and how long the warranty/ expected life left is.
I think mine is original also and I've owned the truck since September 22. I ordered a battery booster from Amazon a month ago to be ready when mine poops out.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uh oh. Here come the grill light police lol.

Looks great. The lack of boards with the bumper and wheels just works on your truck. Beautiful.

Thsnk you! I have my grill lights wired to my switch panel, I only turn them on when the grill police isn't around 🤣

But, for real, I got tired of them being on all the time so that's why I wired them so they only come on at night.

And I love not having running boards! Wife, 10 year old, and 5 year old have no problems jumping in and out lol I don't wanna swing the cash for retractable boards

Users who are viewing this thread