5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I am very curious what issue you had and why the bolts were too short. The supplied bolts go through two pieces of 1/8" thick metal and the bolts are 1" in length. I haven't had any reported issues but want to more of the issues you had so we can help others if they run into the same problem. I have also installed many of these bracket sets myself and have not encountered any problems. If you can let me know the year and trim level to provide context and see if there is anything we need to be aware of that would be awesome. I appreciate you taking the time for this feedback.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I got some pictures of the issue, they arent the best its the best I can do. Sort of need to be hands on to know exactly what it is. Its the other peice of metal smushed against the bracket. Did my best to highlight it. It is a part of a much larger piece of metal, with very hard to reach bolts, so I assume it was not something that was needed to be removed. 2nd picture you can see I tried to beat the crap out of it to make it flat but the limited space made it impossible. The video linked on your website did not have the piece that was blocking me, so maybe its just something the longhorns have? The reason that it was a problem is when I would tighten the brackets down they would pivot around the edge of the metal, causing them to be super angled and not fit the bar.
Looks like we both replied at the same time. I will look at the photos now.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I got some pictures of the issue, they arent the best its the best I can do. Sort of need to be hands on to know exactly what it is. Its the other peice of metal smushed against the bracket. Did my best to highlight it. It is a part of a much larger piece of metal, with very hard to reach bolts, so I assume it was not something that was needed to be removed. 2nd picture you can see I tried to beat the crap out of it to make it flat but the limited space made it impossible. The video linked on your website did not have the piece that was blocking me, so maybe its just something the longhorns have? The reason that it was a problem is when I would tighten the brackets down they would pivot around the edge of the metal, causing them to be super angled and not fit the bar.
Thank you for those photos. Can I get a photo of the bumper support where our brackets mount from the engine side looking forward. I can't tell what that is from the other angles. Not sure if the Longhorn has something extra there or not.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, then you're replacing all bushings.

This! I remember complete replacement lowers being non-existent (think covid years) but then eventually Mevotech having a set for a good price come out and were in stock. By the time you source and replace the other bushings that should also be replaced while you’re there and the time to remove or hack the balljoint/bushings out.. Mevotech are the better option. Now if replacement weren’t reasonably price I get it but -$500 for both sides just save yourself the headache.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you are aware, back in late 2022 Ram either had supply chain issues or they purposely deleted a few small items. One of them that I thought was necessary was the lower glove box light.

I ordered the OEM switch, which comes with a halogen bulb (dumb), so I also ordered a Lasfit blue LED. I figured the blue LED would give me an opportunity to see if wanted to change out the ambient lighting to match the blue stitching in my Lunar TRX.

I do like the blue light in the glove box, but not sure if I want the rest of my ambient lighting to be blue. 🤔

View attachment 177837
Lasfit Ice blue is nice. I use them for my footwells. Not as bold but still blue.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Mopar Power Steps installed at the dealership. They work fine but are not showing screen access. I figure I'll wait till Monday to see if it shows up.

Edit: Took it in today (Monday) and they programmed it to UConnect, everything shows up and works as it should.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the Mopar Power Steps installed at the dealership. They work fine but are not showing screen access. I figure I'll wait till Monday to see if it shows up.

It won't show up unless the dealer changed the settings. After I installed mine, I used AlfaOBD to change the settings and it showed up on the UConnect screen almost immediately.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Mod #5 is some sill protection I made from some cheap stuff off of Amazon. I wasn’t too thrilled about the options I’ve seen so I went my own way. I’m not sure if I’ll keep them or not. I guess I’ll see how they hold up. It’s some cheap carbon fiber style of thick tape. Nothing special.

IMG_2110.jpeg

IMG_2111.jpeg

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It won't show up unless the dealer changed the settings. After I installed mine, I used AlfaOBD to change the settings and it showed up on the UConnect screen almost immediately.
Thanks. When I asked for a quote to install dealership, I asked if it would be accessed through screen and they told me they would be, this is why I had them install steps rather than doing it myself. Looks like I will be heading back to dealer Monday.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1709428149395.png
well this happened. all it did was sitting at home.
my friends and i figured it out though. The chip that this crack originated from was filled but when we polished the windshield the filling got taken off. Nothing happened for 4 days (including the trip to the river) but when it sat at home it decided to crack itself.
Replacement ordered and hopefully be installed on Wednesday and then Thursday my buddy will come pick up the truck from the shop to have the windshield retinted.

1709428267215.png
1709428276863.png
Also did my 20K. this batch oil didn't make it 5k (was almost 4k because i did it late when i did my 15k service in November due to the MT GFC trip) I said screw it i'm doing it now so it's easier for me to keep track lol
Also greased my Carli UCA while the truck was taking its time pissing out the oil.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started my search for a new truck this weekend, results were meh. Prices are out of hand and it’s really hard to beat the interior of my Rebel (even with a Raptor), so I decided to give the Rebel some love for now and removed my bedside graphics for a cleaner look.

Before
IMG_2362.jpeg

After
IMG_2361.jpeg

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started my search for a new truck this weekend, results were meh. Prices are out of hand and it’s really hard to beat the interior of my Rebel (even with a Raptor), so I decided to give the Rebel some love for now and removed my bedside graphics for a cleaner look.

Before
View attachment 178260

After
View attachment 178261
Someone will end up with a nicely optioned/updated truck when you do sell yours!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Before
View attachment 178260

After
View attachment 178261
Wrap it with the color of your choice and it will feel like a new truck for awhile 😉.

Users who are viewing this thread