5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Davidbt

Reaction score
In Nebraska if you are a CCW permit holder, you are required to inform the officer if you are carrying or not. They know before they get out of their cruiser that you have a permit.

At least it was required before they voted in constitutional carry last year. But I'm sure it still applies for permit holders
In Arizona, they just automatically know that there's probably a gun in the car or on you. Arizona has been a Constitutional carry state since 2010. There's a weapon in reach in all of my vehicles.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@boogielander

Here’s a great tip for you guys. I do it on all my vehicles.
The rubber on windshield wipers collects a lot of contaminants in a very short time with use.
Stop replacing them as often as they aren’t worn out! They’re dirty!
Grab a rag and a little of this magic elixir and give the blades a wipe down every so often.
Doesn’t hurt to do the windshield periodically as well.

You’ll be amazed at the results! Nice clean, clear wipes after.
You’re welcome!

View attachment 177704
oh yeah i bought a bottle of that lol
my driver side blade was not worn out but also not decent lol i guess all the offroading made my wipers take some damage lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been cleaning my wiper blades off for years and can get at least a year and a half out of them. I replace them at the slightest streaking in my field of vision after cleaning them. My factory ones just gave up when they split but were still not streaking to the point I needed to replace them. Lot of times I hit the window juce button then hit them with a clean rag.
i usually clean my blades every time i wash the truck (unless i forgot). All these sunny socal days also take a beating on those blades too. the driver side was actually a bit hard and small cracks developed when i took them off and inspected them this time. the passenger side was replaced in July last year after i hit a tree branch with my BD Squadron going down the trail doing 60mph and tore the pass. side blade lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally decided to get a tablet, purchase alfaobd and obdlink MX+. Thanks to you all I was able to turn on off road pages, performance pages on my driving cluster(app did not populate on my UC5 12”) turn by turn directions on cluster and fixed my speedometer for my 33” tires. I also show some love to the truck and clean it all out. Thank you everyone!
now if you do trails get yourself a dash mount (i prefer ICS) and tablet holder (i only use 67Design for made in USA) and run offline trail maps with Gaia or OnX.

way better than projecting through the screen using carplay

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i usually clean my blades every time i wash the truck (unless i forgot). All these sunny socal days also take a beating on those blades too. the driver side was actually a bit hard and small cracks developed when i took them off and inspected them this time. the passenger side was replaced in July last year after i hit a tree branch with my BD Squadron going down the trail doing 60mph and tore the pass. side blade lol
And using alcohol in the rubber wiper blades will make them dry out and get hard faster. Better just use whatever car wash you use for rest of vehicle and just wipe the blades with your microfiber.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
went camping over the weekend.
Same spot we were at last September but this time I fulfilled my dream of waking up on top of water.
1708917790095.jpeg
That lamp is from Devos Outdoor and it's the best campsite lamp I've found.
1708917899431.jpeg
My friends asked me if I want them to move my truck for me (i was still in the camper LOL) but I declined, knowing that the water level was going down already.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And using alcohol in the rubber wiper blades will make them dry out and get hard faster. Better just use whatever car wash you use for rest of vehicle and just wipe the blades with your microfiber.
oh yeah no alcohol on rubber. i use MF towels with water just to get whatever i can get off.

Insanity

Reaction score
I remember that you shared you took a branch and the A pillar pod mount protected your windshield/a pillar.

I have 2 massive open pit limestone quarries to the north of town a mile or so away as a crow flies. I work in that industry that puts the material on the ground so I have a different outlook on that mess. Then 2 rail yards one in the same area and one to the east of town so lots of dust in the air. I have to clean my blades often. I can clean my windshield then next time I get in a few hours later there is a visible layer of dust to wash off. I just put on some RainX brand silicon blades so lets see how they last. I can only assume that Hornypig had the factory wipers on it. Its a 21 and I bought it in April last year and it was less than a year and half old on the build date.

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember that you shared you took a branch and the A pillar pod mount protected your windshield/a pillar.

I have 2 massive open pit limestone quarries to the north of town a mile or so away as a crow flies. I work in that industry that puts the material on the ground so I have a different outlook on that mess. Then 2 rail yards one in the same area and one to the east of town so lots of dust in the air. I have to clean my blades often. I can clean my windshield then next time I get in a few hours later there is a visible layer of dust to wash off. I just put on some RainX brand silicon blades so lets see how they last. I can only assume that Hornypig had the factory wipers on it. Its a 21 and I bought it in April last year and it was less than a year and half old on the build date.

I really want to move but my current life situation would become more difficult involving my monsters. Hell looks like a playground to me.
yeap thank god for BD lights and SDHQ mounts. costly but saved me from a bad day 300 miles away from home lol the blade was the only casualty that day. luckily the rest of the trip didn't involve dusty trails so I got away with a broken blade.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When the cop pulled me over, he came strutting up like Buford T. Justice, with a big-a$$ grin on his face. I think it made his day pulling over a TRX

Or Dirty Lyle, you know youre not getting out unscaved when they walk up smiling like him

convoy45.png

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Arizona, they just automatically know that there's probably a gun in the car or on you. Arizona has been a Constitutional carry state since 2010. There's a weapon in reach in all of my vehicles.
I always have something within range too, but I also only live 20 minutes from commie NY state, so carrying is out of the question most of my time. Funny enough, I've only been asked about a weapon once while being pulled over, and that's just because he saw my permit when I pulled my license. He asked if I had anything in the vehicle, and I said no. I was headed over the border and Governor Cuomo wouldn't let me. He laughed.

cerbo

Reaction score
Coming from upstate NY the police had no problem with the carrying public, so it even depends where in a state you are referring to. So I often had a firearm in my vehicle. Now I m in TN and everyone down here carries also. I ve been fortunate . I have a national carry permit from my former job. That makes life easy when traveling.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coming from upstate NY the police had no problem with the carrying public, so it even depends where in a state you are referring to. So I often had a firearm in my vehicle. Now I m in TN and everyone down here carries also. I ve been fortunate . I have a national carry permit from my former job. That makes life easy when traveling.
Yeah down here they really frown on Pa residents in NY carrying, but as you say, maybe that is regional. From what I read, I could really only apply for a NY license if I worked there, which I don't, but I am in NY at least 5 days a week though in the winter for hockey (myself, son, and daughter), so it would be nice. I really just wish it was 50 state legal like a driver's license. I wouldn't even mind extra testing (our requires none) if it made everyone happy. Oh well. I'll stop shaking my fists at the sky like an old man now.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Wiped the truck down, washed my bed (it was dusty and filthy after many T-Ball days lol), and added some reverse lights.

Of course, Bumblebee helped.

Not too crazy about them, they look like construction lights.

View attachment 177800
Wait..what's BB got the chainsaw for??!! Little frame chop?🤯🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240226_104921.jpg
    Screenshot_20240226_104921.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread