5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The choice between a dry or oiled air filter largely depends on your personal preferences, driving conditions, and maintenance habits. If you’re looking for an easy-to-maintain filter a dry filter might be the better option. If you prioritize maximum filtration and don’t mind the additional maintenance, an oiled filter could be a better choice.

Both dry and oiled filters have their advantages and drawbacks. Choosing the right filter for your vehicle comes down to your personal preferences, driving conditions, and willingness to perform maintenance.

Dry filters are easier to maintain and less messy. However, they might not offer the same level of filtration efficiency as oiled filters and may need more frequent replacement.

On the other hand oiled filters provide superior filtration and a longer lifespan but require more frequent cleaning and proper oiling. They are also not the best option for dusty conditions as the filter will get clogged up much more frequently.
That makes sense.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my truck in to the autobody shop for the new grilles and bumper after that young lady backed into my front end.
Shop gave my a plain Jane SLT Classic to drive.
Sure makes me appreciate what I have!

View attachment 176868
I had to drive a Ford when mine was in the body Shop and I had the same sentiment.

I sure did miss my RAM truck.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

5thGen Tim

Reaction score
Installed some new Baja's with Corey's (5thgen.ram) new grill kit! They are out here in the wild now. Check it out at SKTCUSTOMS.COM. great build quality and super simple install. Customer service couldn't be better

Attachments

• 20240214_120502.jpg
    20240214_120502.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20240214_120519.jpg
    20240214_120519.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 112

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I miss my 05 with a smarty sr.

I started with Smarty, but it ran hot for me, and the tunes were not all that great. Ended up going to EFI Live. Huge difference. I also loved having a dial to adjust from stock tune to 600HP tune on the fly. I would have never imagined that an 8K lb. truck would be that fun to drive. Kind of went semi crazy with this one. Built transmission, turbo, injectors, intake, exhaust, tuner, SRT-10 hood and front bumper, etc. Really wish I still had it.

IMG_0025.jpeg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed some new Baja's with Corey's (5thgen.ram) new grill kit! They are out here in the wild now. Check it out at SKTCUSTOMS.COM. great build quality and super simple install. Customer service couldn't be better
2 questions

What are the wheel tire specs?

What are the lights in the grill (in proximity with f the ram emblem)?

Users who are viewing this thread