5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Added some vinyl around my radio that matches my paint. I never really liked the pattern on that surround and thought bringing a little color match inside would look good.

Attachments

• IMG_9450.jpeg
    IMG_9450.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9449.jpeg
    IMG_9449.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9452.jpeg
    IMG_9452.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 114

Insanity

Reaction score
Did you get them installed? I know when I got home and my Havocs were sitting on my porch I dropped everything to install them.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that the Hcalory? I just got one. What hose are you using? Also, no issues on the tailgate. I thought about that, but then decided against it.
it's the vevor one that my friend built with 3D printed kit bought off Etsy. He built that way before the Hcalory one came out.
Mine's still in the box and yet to be assembled lol.
this is the hose i use. pretty reliable and doesn't break easily. In the pic the hose is about 8ft or so long but i did buy the 16ft one. I had to cut about half for my friend to use at camp the other day because he forgot to bring his.

the tailgate's fine having it sit there. I ran it for over 24 hours trying to burn off the last gallon of diesel I have sitting since next time I run the diesel heater may be a month from now and the tailgate's still ok. The heater does come with an exhaust pipe that I use when at camp but I was too lazy to dig it out of the gray boxes lol. I do have the mountain hatch tailgate insert so that worked out just fine.

I ran the heater via the 100ah lifepo4 battery I have in the bed. I built a secondary battery/ camper battery just for that and run the heater. 100ah lasts over 24 hours of continuous run!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1707697058737.png
Forgot to post this. I took out the intake filter the other night and dropped it on the ground to see how much dirt I accumulated in the past 18k miles.
I guess time for washable filter since there's no snorkel kit available for our trucks that I like...

yes, snorkel not for water crossing but for getting cleaner air out on the trails. Had snorkel on my previous rig and ran tailgunner for a year or so going through some very dusty trail and the filter was clean.

anyways, trying to decide between the drop in washable filter or the ram airflow intake... supposedly the ram airflow intake's opening sits slightly higher and should also help with water crossing as long as I don't dip the hood in water.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get them installed? I know when I got home and my Havocs were sitting on my porch I dropped everything to install them.
Yes I did. They were a PITA installing them by myself. But got them finished and all cleaned up half hour before kickoff. I’ll get some better pictures tomorrow in the daylight IMG_0462.jpeg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My havocs wernt very hard once I got it hun and held on with 1 nut. My power ratchet helped though.
I’ve been looking to pick up the Milwaukee M12 Insider power ratchet but everytime I’ve been in the Depot, it’s out of stock.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been looking to pick up the Milwaukee M12 Insider power ratchet but everytime I’ve been in the Depot, it’s out of stock.
I have a "regular" M12 Fuel 3/8 ratchet. Didn't really see the need for the longer one

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a "regular" M12 Fuel 3/8 ratchet. Didn't really see the need for the longer one
I’ll probably end up with that one since the Insider has been hard to find without a stupid price markup. Grainger has it for $455 and the Depot is $299

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll probably end up with that one since the Insider has been hard to find without a stupid price markup. Grainger has it for $455 and the Depot is $299
Can always order online and have it shipped.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked my Home Depot app. I can have one delivered by Tuesday

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 176659
Forgot to post this. I took out the intake filter the other night and dropped it on the ground to see how much dirt I accumulated in the past 18k miles.
I guess time for washable filter since there's no snorkel kit available for our trucks that I like...

yes, snorkel not for water crossing but for getting cleaner air out on the trails. Had snorkel on my previous rig and ran tailgunner for a year or so going through some very dusty trail and the filter was clean.

anyways, trying to decide between the drop in washable filter or the ram airflow intake... supposedly the ram airflow intake's opening sits slightly higher and should also help with water crossing as long as I don't dip the hood in water.
I would lean towards the Ram Airflow for the what you mentioned about raising the intake height for water crossings and it comes with a washable filter from the factory.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would lean towards the Ram Airflow for the what you mentioned about raising the intake height for water crossings and it comes with a washable filter from the factory.
that's what i'm leaning towards too.
now just waiting for confirmation from NH Overland to see if my air compressor mount needs to be changed if i go that route. iirc it's bolted to the stock airbox support.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that's what i'm leaning towards too.
now just waiting for confirmation from NH Overland to see if my air compressor mount needs to be changed if i go that route. iirc it's bolted to the stock airbox support.
Unless you just want the factory plastic look, the Vararam is a cheaper option that does the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread