5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious, with Fluid Film/Others, how is it working under the vehicle after all that is sprayed on? One of the reasons I've never done it before.

Morenar

Reaction score
I'll have pictures tomorrow but just dropped the truck off at the lift shop to get my BDS 6in Performance Elite Coilover lift to replace my Readylift 3.5 SST kit. Can't wait to pick her up!!!
Sorry for the delay. Fractured my foot last Monday and had not had a chance to give her wash but here she is. She rides sooo much better than the Readylift 3.5. So happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpg
    IMG_2191.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 106

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's very nice. I had to add the heater after we moved in, but the garage itself was finished with insulated walls/ceiling. I usually keep heater set around 50 degrees. Will crank it up to 70 if I'm going to be working in the garage.

My old house had a heater in one bay of the garage that wasn't working when we moved in. Finally got it working 6 months before we sold it for current house.
Same... well worth the expenses, which actually wasn't nearly as much as i was thinking it would be back when i did mine. you can do maint. anytime of the year, decals, painting, plastidip etc. but the best is not having to brush or scrape snow and ice off in the winter... i just leave my jacket in the truck and my brush/scraper in the rambox.

We have an electric clothes dryer so i just re-purposed the gas stub and hooked up a hot dawg. and i fully believe that will sell the house when it's time. haha. When my neighborhood friends come over and see it they go home mad at their wives for some reason. 😅

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same... well worth the expenses, which actually wasn't nearly as much as i was thinking it would be back when i did mine. you can do maint. anytime of the year, decals, painting, plastidip etc. but the best is not having to brush or scrape snow and ice off in the winter... i just leave my jacket in the truck and my brush/scraper in the rambox.

We have an electric clothes dryer so i just re-purposed the gas stub and hooked up a hot dawg. and i fully believe that will sell the house when it's time. haha. When my neighborhood friends come over and see it they go home mad at their wives for some reason. 😅
I have a Mr Heater Big Maxx gas heater I mounted myself. There was already a gas line stub in the garage, and had an electrician buddy come run the wires for it direct from breaker panel. Routed the thermostat wire up to front of garage. I have a four car garage with one side double deep so it's in a L shape.

Kamper

Reaction score
and finally - a bed(liner - Dualliner) to insure previously shown detachable fat bike has a soft ride... (any any of my other mt bikes, fam bikes, ski equip etc...). Winter temps - so the liner a bit "rigid". had to get inside the bed to close the tailgate as the liner for the gate was sticking out and interfering - im hoping some warmer temps/sun application will assist - if not need to tape that edge... IMG_1036.jpeg

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and finally - a bed(liner - Dualliner) to insure previously shown detachable fat bike has a soft ride... (any any of my other mt bikes, fam bikes, ski equip etc...). Winter temps - so the liner a bit "rigid". had to get inside the bed to close the tailgate as the liner for the gate was sticking out and interfering - im hoping some warmer temps/sun application will assist - if not need to tape that edge... View attachment 175257
Hate to tell ya, but those are the worse thing for the beds. They rub the paint off. I had the dealership pull mine before I bought it and keep it. My bed doesn't look the best because of that!

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ram.jpg

Maybe not quite so much "What did "I" do to my Ram today", but somebody did somethin'. It's only new once, I guess. Semi driver at fault. Gotta check the tire n wheel, and (non floater) axle flange, suspension holes. Anything else I'm missing? Keep forever, not worried about carfax. Step is good.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hate to tell ya, but those are the worse thing for the beds. They rub the paint off. I had the dealership pull mine before I bought it and keep it. My bed doesn't look the best because of that!
Maybe, but a coat of paint or spray-on bed liner and it as good as new. The bed liner does protect the bed from dings and dent which would be much more difficult to repair.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True, but I've had two trucks that have lived hard lives with drop in liners. Other than the worn paint both beds looked new. One was 20 years old, current is almost 30 years old. The bed is off while I replace tanks, but the liner goes back when I'm done.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine died at the perfect time today. I went in to get an oil change and it died in the oil bay. They had to boost it to get me going.

I'm to go back in next week to get it replaced under warranty. 😎
I ended up canceling the battery appointment this morning.

It has warmed up considerably and, of course, the remote start and everything works fine now. I took the truck in any way for a tire rotation and the battery exploration, only to be told that if they run the diagnostics and don't identify a fault, I would be charged a diagnostics fee of $170/hr.

Considering the fact that I just drove 15km on the highway to get there, I'm sure that battery is gonna test just fine. I decided to that I would rather take that money and just buy a new battery when I get a chance.

They can just rotate my tires as my garage is full of stuff.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up canceling the battery appointment this morning.

It has warmed up considerably and, of course, the remote start and everything works fine now. I took the truck in any way for a tire rotation and the battery exploration, only to be told that if they run the diagnostics and don't identify a fault, I would be charged a diagnostics fee of $170/hr.

Considering the fact that I just drove 15km on the highway to get there, I'm sure that battery is gonna test just fine. I decided to that I would rather take that money and just buy a new battery when I get a chance.

Take it to a parts store and they will run battery test for free

Kamper

Reaction score
interesting - I had a bed rug - really like it for 80% of what it was - this time wanted to go a different route - was going to do spray in - hit pause - got this based on so many positive reviews ...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
interesting - I had a bed rug - really like it for 80% of what it was - this time wanted to go a different route - was going to do spray in - hit pause - got this based on so many positive reviews ...
I think people are confusing the dual liner with the traditional drop in hard plastic bed liners. Different products

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

;)

garage​

[ guh-rahzh, -rahj or, especially British, gar-ij, -ahzh ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for garage on Thesaurus.com

noun
  1. a building or indoor area for parking or storing motor vehicles.
  2. a commercial establishment for repairing and servicing motor vehicles
  3. not a place to store so much crap as to preclude storage or parking of motor vehicles

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
;)

garage​

[ guh-rahzh, -rahj or, especially British, gar-ij, -ahzh ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for garage on Thesaurus.com

noun
  1. a building or indoor area for parking or storing motor vehicles.
  2. a commercial establishment for repairing and servicing motor vehicles
  3. not a place to store so much crap as to preclude storage or parking of motor vehicles

Bwahahaha. I’ve found it interesting how we put the crap in the garage that we don’t want in our house and then put our expensive vehicles outside. Sadly, now my truck is too tall for the garage and my wife has no interest in putting her vehicle in the garage.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My garage is my garage and my shop. My wife and children are allowed to visit, but must remove all possessions they enter with. I love my dog dearly, but she is not allowed. She will sit impatiently just outside the door and wait for me when I come home.

Users who are viewing this thread