5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It‘s definitely something.
Not really good for us up here is BC 🇨🇦. No snow pack means less moisture, dryer conditions and more forest fires!
The last few years have been brutal up here for that.
I'm sure. I realize you are no where near Ohio, but we had an entire month of smoke and smog here this past summer from Canadian fires, I hope you guys all get a solid month of snow in Janauary ;). Plus, makes for some enjoyable winter sports

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in the Fraser Valley and I could almost go out and mow the lawn. Not that I mind the lack of snow... But the higher elevations sure could use it.

Murphy5156

Reaction score
After replacing all six of my speakers earlier this week, today I had to pull the driver’s side door panel off again because I could hear the window hitting something when I put it down. Figured it was the wiring harness clip so I removed the new speaker, used a zip tie to keep the harness closer to the speaker and put everything back together. I think that fixed it.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I’m a few days late, but Santa dropped these off😂 after a couple custom touches to match my truck’s theme, I’ll be throwing them on. I helped install a set of 2.5” Kings last month and they handle everything pretty great - although maybe a little stiff for me. These Fox coilovers for the BDS 6” lift run a 2” longer coil with a lighter rate than the Kings and feature Dual Speed Adjusters instead of a single mid speed adjuster on the Kings. Plus I’ve heard Fox’s baseline tuning is a bit more plush than King’s for these trucks. So hopefully that means I’ll love these shocks! I’m still going to call around to professional shock tuning shops to see if they’d recommend any revalving or swapping coils to get maximum ride quality and performance before I install them. I wanted these for so long I rather pay a tiny bit extra to ensure I get my moneys worth. Buy once cry once haha View attachment 173713
congrats bud!
For on road I recommend maxing out the small knob and leave the big knob at 1 click. Plushy yet has enough support to take corners with speed!

Also get one of these: Fox DSC Adjustment Helper Knob
These are game changer!

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Damn, looks like you're on Mars... If Mars had blue sky, anyways. I would love to camp in a place that beautiful. What time of night did you take those pics that you got the stars as well? Or what kind of awesome camera did you use?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, looks like you're on Mars... If Mars had blue sky, anyways. I would love to camp in a place that beautiful. What time of night did you take those pics that you got the stars as well? Or what kind of awesome camera did you use?
Trona Pinnacles is known for that Mars-like landscape. Usually that area is quite windy but we got lucky.
First night's pictures were taken around 11pm-ish when I came out from the GFC to take a leak and discovered the moon was out (I was inside the GFC with diesel heater keeping the camper at a cozy 60F while watching Reacher because we burned all the firewood by 8PM lol)
Second night's pictures were taken right after count down.

All the above pictures were taken with iphone 15 pro max with 10s exposure. There are still signs that the pictures were taken with phone as some areas are blended. I'm working on the DSLR pictures now.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Wow, great pictures from an iPhone. I'm not much of a photographer myself, so I'd never get results like that!

Insanity

Reaction score
I'm sure. I realize you are no where near Ohio, but we had an entire month of smoke and smog here this past summer from Canadian fires, I hope you guys all get a solid month of snow in Janauary ;). Plus, makes for some enjoyable winter sports

That smoke was brutal down here in OH and I went up into MI it was way worse.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you went rock crawling. Easy……… don’t overdo it.
I need solid axle for that!

jokes aside I was too lazy to break out the leveling blocks. Funny thing is the first rock I stacked broke into pieces when I put the tire on it LOL

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So 3 hours and crashing my PC 3 times later here are some high res photos with captions:
1704166050381.jpeg
My home away from home. The box on the left is diesel heater. Much better heat source than propane heater. I run the hose to the side door on the tent and with the GFC floor panels moved to the side I have standing space inside the camper. The camper and tent lights are LGBW. I also have the starlink mounted to the roof of GFC.
1704166474121.jpeg
We had KBBQ at camp. Pork jowl and pork belly were on the menu for the night.
1704166526907.jpeg
First time attempted long exposure pano shots. This is 5 different shots of 20s each.
1704166598453.jpeg
Leaving camp. That butt shot
1704166622997.jpeg
My front end is trashed from last week's Mojave run lol
1704166666351.jpeg
The reason why it took me 3 hours to edit these photos and my PC crashed 3 times: This shot is done with 20 vertical photos stitched together. I need a bigger C drive on my PC lol
1704166745528.jpeg
Almost got stuck in the soft sand there. Was on full 40psi; I gave little gas and I wasn't going anywhere so I gave some more, then I started digging. Ended up putting in 4H and let the front end do the work.
1704166837960.jpeg
My attempt to write 2024. If y'all remember my post from a year ago
1704166867249.jpeg
1704166918057.jpeg
Second attempt at night time pano. Wind was picking up and it was freezing cold so I didn't spend a lot of time on composing the shots. This was 6 vertical shots pieced together.

If you're interested to see all 235 shots please go here: Boogielander shared 235 photos with you

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
congrats bud!
For on road I recommend maxing out the small knob and leave the big knob at 1 click. Plushy yet has enough support to take corners with speed!

Also get one of these: Fox DSC Adjustment Helper Knob
These are game changer!
Thanks man! I’m definitely getting that adjuster knob haha the high speed adjuster feels like it’s welded in place 😂

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
And the actual billet preload adjuster tool. The little adapter is a pita to use. It’s worth the $50

But I washed the mud and salt off just for the forum
0e8f76bbb939092baebf6186d49e5251.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man! I’m definitely getting that adjuster knob haha the high speed adjuster feels like it’s welded in place 😂
oh yeah.
just don't do max both of them for on road. I left mine like that last week because it was caked in mud and i had back-to-back trips so I didn't bother to and it rode so stiff that I had to stop half way on Saturday to crank it back down lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And the actual billet preload adjuster tool. The little adapter is a pita to use. It’s worth the $50

But I washed the mud and salt off just for the forum
0e8f76bbb939092baebf6186d49e5251.jpg

that's only if you're going to adjust the preload.
Usually I recommend using a spring compressor to compress the springs, loosen the set screw, spray a lot of WD-40 on the threads, and can easily do it with barehand once the spring is compressed and there's no tension.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
that's only if you're going to adjust the preload.
Usually I recommend using a spring compressor to compress the springs, loosen the set screw, spray a lot of WD-40 on the threads, and can easily do it with barehand once the spring is compressed and there's no tension.
Good to know. I have to back my preload off two full turns to get the height I want (5.5”)

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Correct. But this is quicker and easier, just have to jack up the truck and lube the threads to dial in the ride height.

Users who are viewing this thread