5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Out tailgating
850e2bfb5cf178a6036263b43f736626.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your tires are all dirty again. Time for another wash.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a fresh set of pinstripes this weekend.

I headed out to a nation forest in Northeast Georgia with some Jeep Gladiator buddies. We started off on mostly well graded forest service roads, then took a side road that were steeper and more rutted, but more than anything else, narrower. The Gladiators had no issue with them, but my paint got up close and personal with plenty of branches. I had a few pinstripes before, but this time (mostly because I was with the Gladiators), I said, screw it, let's have some fun!

Fortunately, each scratch hurts less than the previous one, and now with the battle scars in place, I've got fewer excuses not do do something like this again. (I do question my decision when the truck was new to get it ceramic coated, but oh well).

Other than the scratches, there was nothing especially difficult about the forest service roads we drove on. I don't have a lot of off-road experience, so some of the off-camber sections, particularly going down the mountain, got my heart rate up a little bit. The Off Road Pages gauges reported around 10° pitch and 15° roll in a few spots, which had me gripping the wheel tight, but I realize I had nothing to worry about. Those numbers probably sound like nothing to veterans, but I haven't been on something like that since a short off-road stint in Utah, when experienced at least 18° roll. (That had me truly nervous, as I was looking at about a 100 foot drop if something did go wrong. I probably had nothing to worry about, but tell that to my lizard brain!)

I kept my truck in 4WD Auto or High most of the time, and only shifted into Low on the way back down the mountain for those rutted, somewhat steep, and off camber sections. On the well groomed, main forest roads, I used 2WD.

We camped Friday night, at about 3,800 feet. Temperatures were a few degrees below freezing, but I slept warm in my Roofnest tent with a sleeping bag, down blanket, and 12V heating pad. I've been down to the upper teens with essentially the same setup.

We met a couple with a Jeep Gladiator and AluCab setup that they must have invested a fortune in. They've taken it up to the Arctic Circle in Canada, and even have a mini-fireplace with smoke stack, in the AluCab. I didn't take any photos of the inside, but though the Gladiator bed is small, they had it decked out.

IMG_7533.jpeg IMG_7632.jpeg IMG_1251.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpeg
    IMG_1246.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7631.jpeg
    IMG_7631.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7633.jpeg
    IMG_7633.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1281.jpeg
    IMG_1281.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 67

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I headed out to a nation forest in Northeast Georgia with some Jeep Gladiator buddies. We started off on mostly well graded forest service roads, then took a side road that were steeper and more rutted, but more than anything else, narrower. The Gladiators had no issue with them, but my paint got up close and personal with plenty of branches. I had a few pinstripes before, but this time (mostly because I was with the Gladiators), I said, screw it, let's have some fun!

Fortunately, each scratch hurts less than the previous one, and now with the battle scars in place, I've got fewer excuses not do do something like this again. (I do question my decision when the truck was new to get it ceramic coated, but oh well).

Other than the scratches, there was nothing especially difficult about the forest service roads we drove on. I don't have a lot of off-road experience, so some of the off-camber sections, particularly going down the mountain, got my heart rate up a little bit. The Off Road Pages gauges reported around 10° pitch and 15° roll in a few spots, which had me gripping the wheel tight, but I realize I had nothing to worry about. Those numbers probably sound like nothing to veterans, but I haven't been on something like that since a short off-road stint in Utah, when experienced at least 18° roll. (That had me truly nervous, as I was looking at about a 100 foot drop if something did go wrong. I probably had nothing to worry about, but tell that to my lizard brain!)

I kept my truck in 4WD Auto or High most of the time, and only shifted into Low on the way back down the mountain for those rutted, somewhat steep, and off camber sections. On the well groomed, main forest roads, I used 2WD.

We camped Friday night, at about 3,800 feet. Temperatures were a few degrees below freezing, but I slept warm in my Roofnest tent with a sleeping bag, down blanket, and 12V heating pad. I've been down to the upper teens with essentially the same setup.

We met a couple with a Jeep Gladiator and AluCab setup that they must have invested a fortune in. They've taken it up to the Arctic Circle in Canada, and even have a mini-fireplace with smoke stack, in the AluCab. I didn't take any photos of the inside, but though the Gladiator bed is small, they had it decked out.

View attachment 173681 View attachment 173680 View attachment 173688
I mean, if it's a decent ceramic coating, then the only damage should be to the ceramic coat, not the paint. Should be easily buffed out

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Awesome trip thanks for sharing what A pillar brackets are u using?

seansmd

Reaction score

I hear you, wear them with pride!
20231119_101202.jpg

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean, if it's a decent ceramic coating, then the only damage should be to the ceramic coat, not the paint. Should be easily buffed out
Hopefully that’s the case. But I won’t find out for a good while, as I’m sure I’ll add to my collection.

The first cuts are the deepest (actually, these are about the third cuts, but you get the idea).

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I need some truck friends in my neighborhood. 😞

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well I’m a few days late, but Santa dropped these off😂 after a couple custom touches to match my truck’s theme, I’ll be throwing them on. I helped install a set of 2.5” Kings last month and they handle everything pretty great - although maybe a little stiff for me. These Fox coilovers for the BDS 6” lift run a 2” longer coil with a lighter rate than the Kings and feature Dual Speed Adjusters instead of a single mid speed adjuster on the Kings. Plus I’ve heard Fox’s baseline tuning is a bit more plush than King’s for these trucks. So hopefully that means I’ll love these shocks! I’m still going to call around to professional shock tuning shops to see if they’d recommend any revalving or swapping coils to get maximum ride quality and performance before I install them. I wanted these for so long I rather pay a tiny bit extra to ensure I get my moneys worth. Buy once cry once haha IMG_1703.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpeg
    IMG_1700.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 35

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I’m a few days late, but Santa dropped these off😂 after a couple custom touches to match my truck’s theme, I’ll be throwing them on. I helped install a set of 2.5” Kings last month and they handle everything pretty great - although maybe a little stiff for me. These Fox coilovers for the BDS 6” lift run a 2” longer coil with a lighter rate than the Kings and feature Dual Speed Adjusters instead of a single mid speed adjuster on the Kings. Plus I’ve heard Fox’s baseline tuning is a bit more plush than King’s for these trucks. So hopefully that means I’ll love these shocks! I’m still going to call around to professional shock tuning shops to see if they’d recommend any revalving or swapping coils to get maximum ride quality and performance before I install them. I wanted these for so long I rather pay a tiny bit extra to ensure I get my moneys worth. Buy once cry once haha View attachment 173713
I must have been on the naughty list. Santa didn't drop a set of these off at my house 😭
Congrats man, can't wait to see it all come together!

Av1

Reaction score
Well I’m a few days late, but Santa dropped these off😂 after a couple custom touches to match my truck’s theme, I’ll be throwing them on. I helped install a set of 2.5” Kings last month and they handle everything pretty great - although maybe a little stiff for me. These Fox coilovers for the BDS 6” lift run a 2” longer coil with a lighter rate than the Kings and feature Dual Speed Adjusters instead of a single mid speed adjuster on the Kings. Plus I’ve heard Fox’s baseline tuning is a bit more plush than King’s for these trucks. So hopefully that means I’ll love these shocks! I’m still going to call around to professional shock tuning shops to see if they’d recommend any revalving or swapping coils to get maximum ride quality and performance before I install them. I wanted these for so long I rather pay a tiny bit extra to ensure I get my moneys worth. Buy once cry once haha View attachment 173713
Nice! Santa was good to you.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is the weirdest weather for us this year! Mild.
No snow for the first time ever on this date for me. +3*C (38*F)
In past it’s been obviously snowy and colder on this date. Last year is was -21*C (-5.8*F) on January 1st.

View attachment 173718
Its all that heat created by global bull***t... I mean, warming :p

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the weirdest weather for us this year in central BC 🇨🇦! Mild.
No snow for the first time ever on this date for me. +3*C (38*F)
In past it’s been obviously snowy and colder on this date. Last year is was -21*C (-5.8*F) on January 1st.

View attachment 173718
Central Alberta is doing the same thing. It's all brown and yesterday was +7.

We were able to stand and watch fireworks comfortably last night.....it felt weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/