5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You're right. I don't have any need for remote start. Living in PHX, it would come in handy because even if you park outside for an hour in that gawd forsaken heat, the cab gets unbearably hot. However, the price is high enough that I would probably let it expire anyway.
Their price is ridiculous. I wonder if they ever run deals like Sirius radio does, once you let it expire.

ocwill1

Reaction score
You're right. I don't have any need for remote start. Living in PHX, it would come in handy because even if you park outside for an hour in that gawd forsaken heat, the cab gets unbearably hot. However, the price is high enough that I would probably let it expire anyway.

if you need more than the oem keyfob can give you, then you should look at a 2 way remote start. I had one on my 2003 1500 that could work up to 1 mile away...

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 169227

Added some tow hooks finally. Was relatively easy to do after watching a couple YouTube videos about it. Looks much better too!
Just did mine. The PITA was the little fastners for the trim. Jeez. I would have been done in 15 mins per side if those little suckers stopped slipping on me. 20231015_170403.jpg

Last edited:

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the bulbs say they are “canbis” from what I u sweat and that’s what is needed for these trucks to function properly.
No they did not and I knew better. I took a chance on prime day for $13 lol. They're already back in the mail. Lol

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These were the ones I tried. Surprised Lasfit didnt have these. I'll keep looking because I love lighting. Screenshot_20231015_194043_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Wirerat

Reaction score
Also all that idling kills mpg. And we know idling a lot is not great for hemi cams and lifters.

Uconnect also dropped a feature I used called "send and go" for my 2017. It's just a reminder they can change features, terms and price anytime they want.

I was happy to find a truck with telemetry delete. So I don't get used to any of it this go around.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also all that idling kills mpg. And we know idling a lot is not great for hemi cams and lifters.

Uconnect also dropped a feature I used called "send and go" for my 2017. It's just a reminder they can change features, terms and price anytime they want.

I was happy to find a truck with telemetry delete. So I don't get used to any of it this go around.
Not sure about UC5, but that feature was still there on my 2020 with UC4

Wirerat

Reaction score
Not sure about UC5, but that feature was still there on my 2020 with UC4
Yea it was ended on 2017 and older trucks. Also could no longer see the truck on map in the app, built in wifi disabled, voice to text and some other nav stuff disabled. Spoke with them about it on phone. All a planed drop of features when they dropped 3g.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

My 24 has send and go. You go to the locator map, type an address, and click send and go.

Wirerat

Reaction score
His wording was weird. I think he meant that he had it on his 2017, and one of he last updates removed it
Yes. My bad for not being clear.
My 2017 had several connected services features removed.

2018 and newer were not changed.

Last edited:

seansmd

Reaction score
Yes. My bad for not being clear.
It did not effect 2018 and newer vehicles.
Yeah kinda sucks, had the same with my Audi A6 when they EOL'ed their 3G partnerships. To your earlier point you are a slave to their partnerships, although I now believe the have brough more of this inside with private networks and SW offerings. It is now a sales differentiation in cabin experience, and will continue, that is why most are adopting a mobile phone like update process for feature enhancement, or folks will migrate away to those that do.

Users who are viewing this thread