5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the switchback fogs. Like to see these turns switchbacks in action. I have them as my running light now though. Might have to change that.
I’ll try to get a video this weekend. I’d like to see them in action too because I’m sick of trying to see them work in the reflection of bumpers in traffic. 🤣😂🤣

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My only complaint is you either have to leave the plastic covers off on the front, which includes the sides of rails, or they sit 1" off the carpet now. I put mine back on, but they will be more prone to cracking or breaking when hit

Yup, that is one negative about them, but the all weather mats that came with my truck does mitigate the look a bit, since they poke up a bit on the end of the floor mats, they kind of mask the space and hide the gap between the floor and the bottom of the plastic covers.

If you have carpet mats which are flat on the ends, the gap will be really noticeable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, that is one negative about them, but the all weather mats that came with my truck does mitigate the look a bit, since they poke up a bit on the end of the floor mats, they kind of mask the space and hide the gap between the floor and the bottom of the plastic covers.

If you have carpet mats which are flat on the ends, the gap will be really noticeable.
Yeah, I have the Mopar all weather mats so it's ike you said

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has RAM fixed this issue once and for all with any specific model year and on?
They’re about 7 revisions in according to a part number search so I hope they’ve finally fixed it. Seems to be a less common issue on the 22/23 models, and they did revise it for the 21 model year but those still seem crack.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Halloween co-Pilot on my passenger headrest. Should get a few looks…or brake checks from someone seeing it in their rear view mirror. 🤣🤣🤣 View attachment 169044
I’ve been running around with “Rebecca” in my convertible. Ton’s of looks and comments from people in parking lots and at red lights. She‘s a “head turner” LOL.
Came out from the grocery store to a crowd of people taking photos.
I’ll be transferring her to my Ram for Halloween as soon as it goes into storage.
Might get me into the HOV lane.

IMG_5657.jpeg
IMG_5659.jpeg
IMG_5662.jpeg

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Simple thing, but thought I'd try and see what words of wisdom might pop up:

It's time to swap out my stock wiper blades. Any suggestions?

In responding, please be mindful that I will be battling the infamously harsh canadian winter.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

In responding, please be mindful that I will be battling the infamously harsh canadian winter.
I'm using Caterpillar Clarity wiper blades in my truck. Have been happy with them. Got them off Amazon

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’ve had good luck with Bosch and Rain-X products. Been running a set of Bosch Icons for almost 2 years now, about 35,000 miles in the Florida heat and rain. Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from you though in terms of weather!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Linked up with the Ram App to my brand new 2024 Ram still sitting at the dealership! I can now see it’s location, fuel level, mileage, etc…. Before I even pick it up next week!

The app was pretty handy tracking my truck from the dealer in North Carolina to North Idaho. Other than that, I really don't use the Ram app for much. I'll let the free trail expire without renewing the subscription. It's just too expensive.

Wirerat

Reaction score
The app was pretty handy tracking my truck from the dealer in North Carolina to North Idaho. Other than that, I really don't use the Ram app for much. I'll let the free trail expire without renewing the subscription. It's just too expensive.
After the trial expires. Just toss an apple Tag or Samsung tag in the truck somewhere for free tracking.

6of36

Reaction score
Linked up with the Ram App to my brand new 2024 Ram still sitting at the dealership! I can now see it’s location, fuel level, mileage, etc…. Before I even pick it up next week!
I did the same thing. Actually got a theft warning while it was at the dealer. I ordered extra key fobs from Ebay and mailed them to my salesman to have programmed. I think the warning came because they were programming them and testing.

Wirerat

Reaction score
In AZ summers the app is very useful, remote start needs more than key fob distance to be effective.
Cool, glad it works for you.

I was offering Idahoktm a free alternative to map it. He didn't mention any other features.

I didn't want the telemetry services on my truck at all. I'm good with android auto and fob remote start. But I can see everyone's value/need on that is different.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Cool, glad it works for you.

I was offering Idahoktm a free alternative to map it. He didn't mention any other features.

I didn't want the telemetry services on my truck at all. I'm good with android auto and fob remote start. But I can see everyone's value/need on that is different.

You're right. I don't have any need for remote start. Living in PHX, it would come in handy because even if you park outside for an hour in that gawd forsaken heat, the cab gets unbearably hot. However, the price is high enough that I would probably let it expire anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/