5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might be able to go with a slim powered sub behind the seat. I'm not sure what kind of room there is.

Powered Sub Crutchfiled

I'm now looking into a single 10" in a flat box under the single side of the rear seat. I figure I can simply detach the box when I need the whole floor, but having the 60% side free should be more than enough for 96% of the time.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All it takes is some air turbulence, likely while driving, to push those drops into the cabin space. The hose extension or sealing around that existing stubby hose protrusion, nearly flush with the firewall, are good ideas.
Although, I would still inspect the interior for other leak points.
It wouldn't take long to saturate the interior in this heat and humidity around here.
The drain length and shape are designed to prevent air pushing it back into the HVAC box. If the interior is getting wet, it's likely coming in from somewhere else, or the drain is partially clogged, not allowing enough flow so the condensate is "overflowing" into the cabin
I'll update everyone after a few days of driving. This is just my simple fix to hopefully cure the issue. If the issue persists, then I'll explore other options / causes. I just wish the factory design was a little better thought out. I get that more material equals more money, but I would like to have seen a further stick out, and possibly an elbow pointing downward.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll update everyone after a few days of driving. This is just my simple fix to hopefully cure the issue. If the issue persists, then I'll explore other options / causes. I just wish the factory design was a little better thought out. I get that more material equals more money, but I would like to have seen a further stick out, and possibly an elbow pointing downward.
Most vehicles have a very similar drain for the HVAC.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Replaced the 3/4” LED’s in my toolbox with a dual function model. In addition to the amber running light function, these also switch to white when triggered by the cargo lights.

d5915331319e38c20c57ddad6440fb7c.jpg

496951057261cbc44b104405c12081b8.jpg

0bbad6902dac8c0dd5c411a370ff0c89.gif

210da9540df058e480544a0749382f69.jpg

2e5a15c125703ae46293ced01822086b.gif

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sacrificed a foot of my garden hose so my wife could keep her feet dry. The short a/c drain has been running down my firewall into the cabin. Found a soaked floor when I was doing a weekend interior clean out. Well done ram engineers.
View attachment 165614 View attachment 165615

So dumb how they did this. Most vehicles have a tube that runs down near the frame rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since you have the hose in place hook-up a wet dry vac on the hose, it will clear any debris that may be blocking drain.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since you have the hose in place hook-up a wet dry vac on the hose, it will clear any debris that may be blocking drain.
Just keep it hooked up to a key on power source to suck the water out as you drive.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just installed this kit yesterday.the hardest part was "taping"into the tailgate light bar.when i bought this(3yrs ago)it was to help lighten up the rear to see a lot better,now with this new product.i couldnt see why i should get rid off it.some would but i decided to keep it in.

a little vid of when i finished the install..thanks guys (y)

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Update:

My mid and top end are beautifully clear and bright now, but I have lost some bass, which is forcing me to expedite the installation of a subwoofer.

My only contention is that I love (and often need) that bit of extra space under the back seats. Any ideas or suggestion for other mounting spots for a single 10" SW?
Net audio I think it was makes a single sub solution that mounts behind the rear seats

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this same one from HD. It works pretty well for what it is. No complaints.
I got mine from Amazon. No need spending a lot of money on onez and Amazon was cheapest. I have the stackable totes from Home Depot in the bed though.

6of36

Reaction score
So dumb how they did this. Most vehicles have a tube that runs down near the frame rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What most cars? I've never seen more than an elbow turned down. My girlfriends Edge did have a tube, but it ran inside the car, and dumped in the trans tunnel. They all clog.

Users who are viewing this thread