5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Granite Crystal 2020 Laramie Night Edition had paint matched mirrors, but my Granite Crystal 2022 Laramie Night Edition came with black mirrors. I liked the paint matched better. Maybe someday I’ll get some paint matched covers.

choo_31

Reaction score
Got the 3dflipit Auxbeam and Hike it mounts installed and wiring cleaned up. Just need more lights now for the switches.

Attachments

• 7061ADF1-BD4A-4769-84CA-4183F9DCEC11.jpeg
    7061ADF1-BD4A-4769-84CA-4183F9DCEC11.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 121

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another conundrum: does any 1500 have a body color shark fin?
That bothers me every single time I look at it. Looks real cheap. Seems all the other brands I see are painted to match the body. My 4th Gen Laramie’s were black plastic too.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After 25 years I quit smoking about a year and a half ago. The smoking when you are try to calm down/think something through and using a smoke as a timer have been the hardest parts
props to you for quitting!
and yeah i time my warm up of my M3 with one smoke... i'd be in trouble loll

TittoPollito

Reaction score
props to you for quitting!
and yeah i time my warm up of my M3 with one smoke... i'd be in trouble loll
100% my old G8 took about 3/4 of one to get enough heat in the trans that I didn't ride through the neighborhood with it revving to 4,500 RPM at first (loved how that PTC converter worked once it warmed up but cold it was annoying) and my '68 Dart takes about 2 in the wonderful Georgia winters. I spent the first 20 ish years of my life in the Inland Empire of Southern California so no matter how long I have lived here I still find myself thinking I never had to do this growing up lol.

seansmd

Reaction score
Bed step and Billibar tailgate cover. Bed step is nice, tailgate cover save your money, not well executed relies on tape at the back which doesnt hold with bed liner.

Attachments

• 20230722_094743.jpg
    20230722_094743.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 107

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bed step and Billibar tailgate cover. Bed step is nice, tailgate cover save your money, not well executed relies on tape at the back which doesnt hold with bed liner.

See Post 15 if you want one that uses the existing holes and screws on, very pleased with my purchase.

2020GCM

Reaction score
Not today but yesterday I replaced my B2 fab oval muffler with the entire factory GT cat back including the front resonator pipe delete....sounds fantastic! Way louder than the B2, especially cold starts. Honestly I didn't realize how much drone there was previously but now is gone! Not cheap but IMO has one of the best tones.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not today but yesterday I replaced my B2 fab oval muffler with the entire factory GT cat back including the front resonator pipe delete....sounds fantastic! Way louder than the B2, especially cold starts. Honestly I didn't realize how much drone there was previously but now is gone! Not cheap but IMO has one of the best tones.
wheres the sound clip video? (before & after?)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
100% my old G8 took about 3/4 of one to get enough heat in the trans that I didn't ride through the neighborhood with it revving to 4,500 RPM at first (loved how that PTC converter worked once it warmed up but cold it was annoying) and my '68 Dart takes about 2 in the wonderful Georgia winters. I spent the first 20 ish years of my life in the Inland Empire of Southern California so no matter how long I have lived here I still find myself thinking I never had to do this growing up lol.
i used to do that when I was in Michigan for school since I had to park outside. Warmed up my XJ while dusting off the snow.

Now I only do that for my E90 M, which stays in the garage. I let the 10W-60 flow a couple minutes and get the idle to stabilize before i drive. Even then, I don't go beyond 2.5K RPM until oil temp is good.
For the truck it's get in and go but take it easy until all temp is normal

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep looking around for a GT on a lot to compare. Before I started looking they were everywhere it seemed.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the first time in a while I finally finished editing photos and posted on the day it actually happened.

Went camping with friends after the Meadow was opened 2 weeks ago. Water level was still pretty high after the wet winter we had.
IMG_3607-Edit.jpg
So I sat and be the photographer while my Jeep friends went and do Jeep things. Yes, water was just a tad bit above hood line. No, water did not get into the engine. This guy's on 35s and 3in lift as well.
IMG_3657.jpg
FJ did the same but a slight less dramatic line. I would be doing this too if I had my 4Runner with snorkel.
IMG_3612.jpg
I need to find someone who can make snorkel for our trucks... Too bad it seems like AEV is not interested.

Even the 3rd Gen with 39s wasn't down to play in water due to air box location. "Rams don't do that," he said. "I need snorkel," I said. IMG_3679.jpg

My other friend went one weekend before us and he dropped into the water. Water went all the way to his windshield but he had snorkel on his 3rd gen Montero (that had been to a lot more places than I did/ do) so he was able to back out and try another line. Montero is completely fine. Those Mitsubishis were built differently 20 years ago... very robust and reliable even with all the offroading that he's done.

Users who are viewing this thread